Potted Canna Question

South Coast, RI(Zone 6b)

I kind of went Canna crazy and I think I have about 50. I put them in pots outside in mid may because I was told that they would rot if I left them in the house. So in my rush I put 2 or 3 to each lg. pot assuming I could transplant into the yard when I had time to dig the holes. They are now have 2 to 4 leaves each and look good. My problem is I popped the Sacroiliac joint in my back and now hole digging is not an option. My question is what will happen to them if I leave them as they are? Most are dwarf, some are the mid size and only 2 are the large ones. The pots that have 3 are 2.5’ high and about 24” across. The ones that have 2 are smaller. I’ve never grown Canna before so I don’t know much about them.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

What Sise Pot?/

South Coast, RI(Zone 6b)

Hi Phicks

The ones that have 3 in them are 2.5 feet high and 24 inches across. The ones that have 2 in them are 2 feet high and 18 inches across.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

They Will Be ok In the Pots This Seson But you need to take theam out in the early Fall and store for winter paul

South Coast, RI(Zone 6b)

Thanks for your help Paul. I'll keep them going for the summer, store them and try again next year.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.