Public Enemies

Rhinebeck, NY(Zone 5b)

Here is Public Enemy Number One in my garden. This week she and her sisters and kids ate nearly every one of my David Austen roses. Here is an example of a good use for one of the demons.

Thumbnail by daisygrrl
Rhinebeck, NY(Zone 5b)

Here is public enemy number 2. They just finished off a lot of the beans. The peas I planted on March 20 are long gone. I have no idea how this varmint even gets into the vegetables.

Thumbnail by daisygrrl
Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

So sorry about your damage, Daisy. I like your sentiment but I would not want to be reminded of them so often! Her face rings a bell tough...

Rhinebeck, NY(Zone 5b)

and finally, here is woody. he's just waiting for the moment when I least expect it. I am so fed up this weekend, it's just disheartening.

Thumbnail by daisygrrl
Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Wow, you're being assaulted by all the little you - know - whats! What a bummer. Wish I could suggest something.

Medway, MA(Zone 5b)

Well, short of shooting them, I'd suggest getting a Have-A-Hart trap.

Fairfield County, CT(Zone 6b)

Electric fence?

Southern Dutchess Co, NY(Zone 5b)

Oh Daisy! Now you know why I've eliminated most of my gardens. Public enemies #4 and #5? Chipmunks (eat my tomatoes) and squirrels (they eat the bird seed).

Welcome to Dutchess County! To add insult to injury, working out in the yard usually means performing a tick check to avoid Lyme disease, thanks to the white tailed nemesis. Public enemy #1 is right! - Lynn

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

sorry to hear that... I have woody's cousin living around my garden... and the deer did a huge damage this winter .. you guys will see... my gigantic evergreen is all eaten... they look so ugly....

I hate seeing things destroyed but those beautiful bambies need to eat also.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.