Jackmanii in Bloom

Lakes of the Four Se, IN(Zone 5a)

Let's call them "The Jackman Twins"! This year it was a race to see who could get the top of the garage first!

Thumbnail by figaro52

Here's a close up of the Jackmanii on the left ... (BTW - that's a baby Mme. Julia Correvon on the far left.)

Thumbnail by figaro52

... and here's a close up of the other Jackmanii. "One trellis per customer, please!"

Thumbnail by figaro52
Hammond, LA(Zone 8b)

Oh my gosh they are BEAUTIFUL! I am so jealous! I love your Columbine too. I can never get it to grow here.

jlp, thanks so much for the compliment! I begin having trouble with my columbines as the summer heats up. They start to look really ragged. I try to keep deadheading and it helps a bit. But this little red one (Cardinal) seems to stay happy!

Hammond, LA(Zone 8b)

It's beautiful, you should be proud : )

Delaware, OH

they are beautiful! jackmanii have always struggled for me. i have some doing well this year, but it is the first year i haven't had bad wilt with jackmanii. you mentioned julia correvon! i love julia! here is a pic of mine.....having a good 2008. it is a great clematis. mine is growing with natascha and is one of my favorite clematis.

Thumbnail by ClematisGuru
Delaware, OH

just wanted to say the photo of julia correvon also shows a polish spirit starting to bloom behind it. the natascha is lower and to the right of julia correvon and not visible in the photo i posted above.

Tomah, WI

Figaro- WOW! What a show!

(Zone 4a)

Figaro what stunning plants!!!! How old are they?

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Jackmanii is really putting on a beautiful floral show!

Niobe, mattsmom, DawnLL and Shirley1md -- Thank you all for your compliments!

Niobe, your Julia Correvon and Polish Spirit are beautiful. I hope my Julia does as well as yours. Have you had any birds visit the birdhouse? I've not had wilt problems with the Jackmanii, but I had to remove a Nelly Moser that just never did well. I replaced it with Julia. She's almost a true red!

Dawn, I planted my Jackmanii during the summer of 2003. They've bloomed fairly well each year, but they've never been quite as full as they are this year. This is the first year I've had blooms so near the bottom of the plant. I always prune these back to about a foot above ground during March. Last year's performance wasn't all that great possibly due to the hard freeze mid April.

These vines amaze me because they grow so quickly!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Figaro..Yours twin "Jackmanii"s are STUNNING..how lovely ..well done..congrats....Jeanne

Jeanne, thanks!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

You are so welcome hon..please keep posting those gorgeous pics of Clematis so I can at least enjoy yours while mine are regrowing for round 2!!..Jeanne

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Figaro, I love those twins. How do you get your Jackmanii to keep growing from the top of the trellis to the top of the garage? Mine reaches the top of the trellis and then I don't know what to do with it.

Hi daltri, thanks! I extended the trellis with regular white twine. I placed a couple of eye screws in the overhang of the garage roof above each trellis and then attached the twine in the form of an "M" above each trellis. I tied the twine to the top of the trellis and then threaded it through the holes of the eye screws. Those vines cling to anything!

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5b)

Thanks for the info. I'll have to see what I can come up with.

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

Nice twins ya got there - what a show!

goldfinch, thanks!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.