Does anyone have any DragonFruit for trade or SASE?

Hammond, LA(Zone 8b)

I have a few things I can trade if anyone is interested:

Epiphyllum hookeri - cuttings
Hens and Chicks (Unknown)
Elephant Bush rooted cuttings
Hyacinth Bean Vine seed pods

I will also pay shipping if someone has any cuttings.

Thanks!

New Iberia, LA

Jlp222
My daughter gave me the yellow dragon fruit last year, and I must admit that it is not doing well. It is still alive but kind of between here and the here after. If it revives then I would be happy to share clippings with you.
You are only a couple of hours away from Stokes Tropical where they have them in stock. Careful because there is wallet shrinkage when you visit this place. Watch for the fall sales where you can pick up most tropicals at very good discounts.
Here’s the link to watch http://www.stokestropicals.com/
Oldude

Hammond, LA(Zone 8b)

Thanks, I didn't know they had them. Thanks for the offer too. Jennifer

Central Valley, CA(Zone 9b)

I purchased dragon fruit seed from www.horizonherbs.com seed, but they haven't come up yet, and I have no idea how long it takes them to germinate. If they do, I'll let you know, and we can work out how to get you one. You probably know more about this one than I do, I bought it as a novelty. I believe it's a type of fruiting cactus, so I planted it in cactus mix, with my plumeria, and aloe, for now, since I don't have much room for plants, they often share containers.

Hammond, LA(Zone 8b)

Thanks for the offer : )

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

You can buy cutting from WWW.gotepis.com/cart/ I have three kinds of dragon fruit (also seeds and 80 +cuttings bought from this site in the last year)from him I believe he has 10 types of dragon fruit.
For me epis seeds come up fairly fast. Epis are not grown the same as cactus. One they need more water and humas-remember they grow in trees in the jungle.

Central Valley, CA(Zone 9b)

Ok, none of the dragonfruit seeds have come up yet; Wren 107, I gather they required more moisture? On average, how long do they take to germinate? Should I have sand-papered the seed coats? Thanks.

Jacksonville, FL(Zone 8b)

All I do with the epis seeds I get is just scatter them on the top of the planting soil. I like it firm, have some seedlings on seed starting mix and the soil keeps moving and the tiny seedlings are not happy but to small to replant.. But moisture is very important, they need to be kept moist but not overly wet are a little forgiving once up.
Know that it takes 3 to 5 years to grow to blooming size. I think for the dragon fruit I will stick with cuttings from now on.

Coral Springs, FL

I have a couple of dragon fruit growing up a fence. I'd be happy to take a cutting for you. Just dmail me your address - I'll send it right out.
Ginger

Hammond, LA(Zone 8b)

Thanks, I will send it to you now.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.