"RED, WHITE & BLUE SWAP" Room 12

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

We came from here : http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/864538/
Those that still haven't send out their packages yet, please do so. 4th of July is almost here. If any problems, dmail me please.

Names that were checked have been blessed with their gifts.

List of Participants:
Jordankittyjo √
Joycet √
Truest √
MrsMurdok √
Lizrainey √
Jsxtiger √
Karenofarizona √
Robynzest √
Bettypauze √
Crazy4brugs √
SUsandonb1141 **
Kimarj √
Cordeledawg √
HerringtonHills **
Samigal √
Dimmer √
Polyacre √
Fairy1004 √
LRatliff29 √
Bonjon √
Tetleytuna √
Susan51√
Taters55 √
Sevidra √
Abbisgranma √
BJWilson√
JanLynn √
Heavenscape √

If you have asterisks ** next to your i.d. please dmail me.

This message was edited Jun 20, 2008 11:12 PM

This message was edited Jun 24, 2008 11:20 PM

This message was edited Jun 25, 2008 11:12 AM

This message was edited Jun 28, 2008 9:59 AM

This message was edited Jun 29, 2008 10:51 AM

Thumbnail by heavenscape
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

I know how serious the view from this room is.
Through all our chatters, laughter and at times frivolities, that we are enjoying so much with this themed swap, I know that not one of us can forget the sacrifices made by our men and women to maintain this country's freedom.

Ladies, show off your RWB!!

(Marion) Havana, FL(Zone 8b)

You are so right about that Jaye. They have/do make it possible for us to have this swap, frivolity and friendship because of their service.

I almost got lost coming then I stopped, took a sniff and sure enough I recognized the scent of Baileys. Now where is it ? BJ got the cornor all nice and confie for you and a really nice chair for MIL. I'm telling everyone they must be on their very best behavior now. Just hope it works.

Jaye, whee you gave me a scare. Do, repeat DO, take care of yourself.

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

We need to ask Bailey's to put Audrey on their payroll. She's a good walking ad for them!! No matter which room we'd be hiding that, she'll sniff it out!

It rained at least 2 inches here, and I needed the rest. Hopefully there'll be a repeat tomorrow.

Got pretty scared too myself this morning Marion. But I don't take things for granted anymore...got a zipper down my throat to remind me. So, what did you do today, besides missing your pudnuh?

If not the payroll then certainly some stock for Audrey. LOL

We are badly in need of rain again but none predicted that I am aware of this week. Really does worry me about my plants while I am away; but, need to go see my Mom.
I know about those scares!! Since my last appointment and the Dr. telling me I was "flirting" with diabetis (sp?) it has put a whole new life on things. Yuck. trying to be a good girl--hard sometimes with all the Bailey's and chocolate we have floating around!!

Went in to hot, humid busy Tallahassee to pick up a few items for the kitties to eat while away. Son has agreed to take care of them for us. Yeap, miss my buddy in the corner!!!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Yes go see your Mum! That's priority.
You are right, it must be osmosis. Choccies and Bailey's constantly floating around, and in real time, I'm sticking to my diet..my blood sugar was higher than normal this morning.
Diabetes is a serious illness Marion. I'm sure you are watching it closely, your sugar intake that is. Less of white...potatoes, rice and flour..do help too.

Oh yes, that hasn't been the biggest problem. Sweets are/were my down fall. My Mom has it but contolled by diet so I think I can also. Actually my counts wasn't all that high but if watched now might prevent later problems. I can share all I want with imaginary choccies, Bailey's, ice cream and anything else.

I may not have access to the internet after Sunday not sure while in Disney. Checking into that but definitely starting Thursday afternoon. Sister has the absolute world's slowest dial up. I will be leaving and coming back home by the time it loads!!!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Unfortunately that's what I have too. Only way to be on the 'net, so this will do till we catch up with the rest of the world. My family overseas thought that all America are on high speed...broad band...wii fii...etcetera...etcetera...and actually was in disbelief that I'm still on dial up!

I am sure there's a lot of catching up among the 3 of you. When you have the chance just a sentence "I'm okay" will do, Marion. There must be an internet cafe somewhere :D We will definitely miss you.
Did I read somewhere that your sis will be helping you with a dish project? So nice to have crafty sisters.

BJ if you're reading this, just to let you know, I've chosen the beads to go on the handle.

(bestest fairy)Tempe, MI(Zone 5b)

I sure hope my buddy posts soon-I know she got her stuff, just want to make sure it all got to hre in good shape:) I will try to remember to take a pic of my eagels and download it tomorrow:)

Heaven-Jaye right??-any help you need with your co-op, JLMK:)

Oh big mistake Jaye!!!! There isn't a crafty bone in my sister's body!!! She is just willing to help me using the tools!!! Falls back to my wrist being flared up again! NOw she is a great cook on the grill and if I am lucky she will grill something while we are there!!!!!

Nope, no internet cafes either. Look up Arcadia, FL. Cowtown turned into antique stores--trust me on that one. Will try to get online tho.

Fairy I sent you the name again-----did you figure it out this time? LOL!!!!!!!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Stacey, it wasn't me that started the new co-op...but thanks for the offer! Too much responsibilities. A swap is easier! Got your message on the DL. Funny thing is it turned more lavender this year. Wasn't that color last year! But, I got your name on a fan, when it's ready to be divided.
I got a fence that sure can use some eagles. ;)
Marion, I'm sure you're a good cook too! Take full advantage of her then. Let your wrists heal while you're there.

I intend to!!!!!!

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

Hello!!! I got my packages one yesterday and one today : ) Whoo hoo so many goodies... beautful tophat stuffed with plants blooming in the box!!!..candles and holders...winchime..cups,plates..eating utensils..cakemix and and star-shaped cupcake pans and a tablecloth. All in guess what???? RED,WHITE & BLUE!!! Party in abox lolol. I love every single thing. : ) Stacey you da bomb girl!!!! Thank you soooooo much ^_^

Kim : )

Thumbnail by kimarj
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

So Kim..all you need is flour and eggs....and.........
Looks like we all will be having the best 4th ever!
Wonderful job Stacey, and keeping in mind that Kim's a baker too! How thoughtful of you!

Kemp, TX(Zone 8a)

Morning Ladies, MIL is still asleep, I think we wore her out yesterday... so, I'm just checking in to see what's up...

Marion, PLEASE... please take care of yourself... your health comes first.

Jaye... those beads on the handle are going to be wonderful... GO GURL

Kim... I love it... specially the plant in a hat... how unique.

KIM-I am so glad you got them and that you love them!!:) That was kinda the idea-a table full for the 4th was the theme I was going with!! I tried to find S & P shakers too-no luck!! The one thing in the top hat is a mini white wave petunia so that should grow and cover the edges of the hat to hide it!! I put watersorb crystals in the potting mix too so you don't have to water all the time and the hat doesn't have any holes so you can poor water in it to water and it can catch rain...the top hat w/ flowers was the thing that was so hard to find a box for sorry it got a little benst in the process, but I wanted it to fit tight so that the fabulous USPS wouldn't dump the flowers out!! There is a red & white stiped petunia and Browalia are the other flowers-I love them and beleive that they seed too...sorry-I couldn't find RW&B sprinkles for the little cakes, but thought they would look soooo cute on the table for a 4th dessert-plus figured you might want to put strawberries & blueberries on top for the decoration:) I am truly glad that you love everything-I was nervous..

BJ-have fun girl!!

Jaye-I will take a pic when I leave today and post when I come back tonight-promise-and THANK you for keeping me in mind for the DL-I just loved it!!

I was so exhausted yesterday-BIL came over and we dug out my new bed-25'X10'-had to get the sod out and put topsoil & compost in it!! He stage the mulch for me, but I have to lay that tomorrow and plant in it!!

hmmm-I wonder who is doing the co-op then...

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

Stacey it is perfect!! I will post pics when the hat fills out!!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Toss that hat to me Kim!
What a neat idea!!
Good morning everyone. Thanks for checking in BJ. Don must be in cloud 9. His mum and his wife in the same house, and they get along! Who wouldn't love BJ anyway!

Wanna pick some blueberries this morning, but I think I'll stay dry :D

Stacey, post a pic of the bed once you're through planting. I sure need your BIL to come over. You can never have too many beds, us DGers, right?

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

The 4th of July table decor is so precious! What a cool idea with the hat for a pot! Never would have thought of that in a million years. But I will from here on out!

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Me too Deb. Got lots of hats we can stiffen out...seal and re-purpose! This is so exiting! Thought my existence is pretty normal, until y'all sistahs move our behinds more!

Hello, I'm sitting here enjoying my coffee and some of that wonderful brownie Flamingo Kim posted on one of the other threads. Oh so yummy!! Oh I know Jaye. Just a little? Tiny, tiny bites?

Deborah, what were up to have missed you and the other Debra. Well miss everyone for that matter.

Almost done with things so I can leave early in the morning. I will need a few days to recover from my list.

Chat later or when I can!!

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Hey, Marion. Been outside planting and weeding. Weeding is never ending!

Oh how well I know! Along with the cutting grass, raking and watering!! Oh we do enjoy or we wouldn't do it. Right? Just don't over do it.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Kim, look at you. Gleaming from coast to coast, showing off your package. What a nice one a that. Just goes to show, that if we think for a few minutes, we can come up with some very creative ideas. Thanks for sharing.

abbisgranma, have a safe trip, and check in when you can.

Pass the brownies please, I have a fresh pot of coffee going.

Don't work to hard today pulling weeds, it is Saturday take a break.

Bj, glad you popped in. Don't tire your MIL too much. Have fun.

Y'all have a great day.
Linda

Raleigh, NC

I don't believe this! More water on the floor! DH came to me just as I was about to.....get my box filled.....and asked me to go to the laundry room - sure enough, a copper pipe behind the water heater had a pinhole and was misting the whole room - now why can't I ever get a nice mist like that somewhere where I've got houseplants!? ARGH.

on the way home from the HD for repair stuffs, started raining so hard we had to slow to 30 on the interstate, couldn't see anything. Came home, working on the pipe, realized we were getting drips on our heads, looked up to see water dripping slowly down from a vent pipe. LORD _ I"M STRONG ENOUGH _YOU CAN QUIT TESTING ME NOW>>>> oh, bless me - the pool is past filled and will be damaged if I don't go backwash it, but there's lighting....

PO is closed. So someone's box is going in the mail Monday IF DH will be so kind as to take it. ITS GOT TO GET THERE.

So sorry to hear of your water leak problems. Always seems like like when it rains it pours.
I am passing you the Bailey's. Take a break and have a drink or two.
Linda Kay

TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

Huggggs Bonita! At least you didn't shake your wrench at the Lord!
There you go, when all things seem impossible, you're still keeping the faith, and counting blessings.
I sure hope that's all the water damage for you right now. Don't worry too much about getting the box out. I'll dmail your swap buddy. She'll understand.

Hiya Linda Kay. Kel is still trying to finish off the choccies. Think I got the biggest box of Whitman's--1 lb. 8 oz.!! Can't help him this time, unless they're sugar free..my lost!

By the way, Kel's goin' to make a gnome door! You read that BJ? He says if Don's gonna do it, he will too.

Just got back from a harassing shopping spree. The rain doesn't bother me, it's the check out lines!

OK-here are my eagles from Jax if I can remember anything right now!!LOL They said fence decor, but I couldn't figure out how to hang them on it, so I just stuck their wings in the wire and they are held REAl good:)

Thumbnail by Fairy1004

And here is the bed we did yesterday-those are 40# bags of mulch if that gives you an idea of how big it is:) I will have to take a pic after I plant in it-won't look like mush though-mostly seedlings:)

Thumbnail by Fairy1004

Here is my new campanula & glad bed-gets sun at about noon til about 7....that is a cleamtis netting fence in the middle

Thumbnail by Fairy1004

This is the bed DH & I did last fall-about the same size as the other one

Thumbnail by Fairy1004

And finally-here is the clematis, columbine & echie bed-I have to move the big stuff on the ends & I think I am going to take out the rose bushes too

Thumbnail by Fairy1004
TabacVille, NC(Zone 7a)

The eagles look as though they're ready to take off!!
Do you plan your garden Stacey? Do you draw out and put ideas on to paper? So, if you're removing the roses, that means there is a rose bed in the making?
Will you be adding a water feature?
All these questions!!!

I just love to read how others plan their gardens. Learn a lot than looking through magazines.
Most of what I've planted stay in the ground. Only ones I had dug out are the white butterfly gingers..overcrowding!

Thanks for sharing Stacey, pretty soon you'll be enjoying your fruits of labor!

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Oh Stacey I love those eagles! And your gardens make me want to redo mine! I like to see what other folks are doing too, Jaye. That's were I "borrow" most of my ideas. Oh, Stacey, your roses are pretty right where they are. I think shrubs gives so much structure to a perennial bed and your Clematis is giving it height. Great job!

(Audrey) Dyersburg, TN(Zone 7a)

Sounds like someone else has discovered the comfort os Bailey's!
I somehow missed some of these posts yesterday. I'm catching up now.
My fingers are so sore today! It must be gonna rain here! Hope so!
Is anyone else like me, I go out to check on my brugs several times a day! They grow so fast you can almost tell how much, every time!
Love those eagles!
Bonjon, He's always loved me a lot, too! Sometimes I want to say the same time! I haven't received my stimulant check yet, and it should have been mailed the 6th! I guess He's trying to tell me I don't need it!

If I move the rose bushes they will be to someones else yeard....I am not a huge fan of roses-those ones came with the house, there are 3 that are either wild or knockout roses-don't know which ones and 2 reg roses-1 is a light pink and the other is yellow w/ pink tips...I do schematics on Microsoft paint before I do each bed-trying to account for blooming season, height and spread as well as color combos/contrast.

I do want a small fountain draining into a pond, but it will go with the new deck we will put on in 3 years-the one we have is kind of falling apart a smidge, so we want a new one-already have it picked out-here is the link:
http://www.trex.com/photogallery/default.aspx
It is picture # 37-you have to hit the R arrow to get to it...then I will put a pergola up over the back end that butts up to the house and I want to put a water feature on the L hand side-just a small one-where the base of the L leaf hits the back end that will butt up to the house-and when we put it up-no railing-it will step down once to the deck, then you should be able to step down once from the deck to the ground

I tried not to plant too much around the deck-some lilies, DL, a couple boxwood bushes, a preexisting weigela and a ground cover sedum bed-I would like to plan it out so the weigela can stay in that crook and then put the water feature in around it...here is a pic of the weigela

Thumbnail by Fairy1004

Wow, when you build a deck, you build it good. That is really nice.
JanLynn, I have to share this picture with you. I put the brug cutting you sent, in the soil about 4 days ago, and look what I have growing. I went out this morning to check on it, and oh my, it has 3 little leaves coming from the bottom. I am so excited. I can't wait to see it bloom. I know that will take awhile, but I just had to share the good news.
Thank you
Linda Kay

Thumbnail by taters55
(jax) Dundalk, MD(Zone 7a)

Fairy, the eagles do look so good! I hope you like them as much as I!

Springfield, MA(Zone 6a)

Fairy - I love your gardens! You can come do mine next ^_^

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Look everybody! (anyone up yet?) My DH finally came home with the camera so I could show y'all what Truest sent me! Gardening and Kitchen items too! She sent three ceramic pots, red, white and blue. I didn't own one at all until now! Seeds galore and a trowel. Kitchen towels and jar of Texas jam made with peppers. I bet that would be good to eat along side of black-eyed peas too. The blue star is made of wood with a tin-hammered embossed inset. Hummer feed & feeder just in time now that more males have showed up lately. Truest, I thank you so much. I'm delighted and thrilled that you went shopping for me.

Thumbnail by Cordeledawg

Post a Reply to this Thread

You must log in and subscribe to Dave's Garden to post in this thread.