I'm going to try to show be for and after

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

this is the before of my back yard;

Thumbnail by glevely
Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

and this is today!!

Thumbnail by glevely
Bad Axe, Mich., FL(Zone 5a)

Wow!!!! What a change! It must have been a tremendous amount of work. Congrats for a job well done!!

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Gloria, just beautiful ^_^ isn't it amazing what a few months can do? :o)

In the circle of flowers, is that ashes spread out???

Connie

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

thank you and no connie when they dug the well thats like clay but its not hard and I mixed compost in there but it still stays that color kind of like gray sand I have so much more I want to do
Gloria

La Salle, MI(Zone 5b)

Hmmm Well I'll be! LOL

Well it looks really good any way. Just take your time and enjoy it.

Connie

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Gloria,

The picture is just beautiful! What a change. Did you seed your lawn? The reason I ask is my son just had twelve yards of topsoil delivered today and his back yard graded and we bought three huge bags of seed at ACE in Standish. We got some 12=12=12 fertilizer to sow in with the seed. He's going to do it tomorrow. I was wondering if you have any tips? He's never done a whole lawn before and he wants it to come out nice. I want it to also. He's putting it down with a fertilizer spreader. He didn't get any straw to cover it. I told him to lightly rake it into the soil and maybe he won't need to cover it. What do you think.

Enjoy the fruits of your labor. I'm sure it was a huge job. Very nice!

Brenda

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

the Bigest thing is to water water water I just hand spred it our yard is small and I diden't want it where I'm going to make beds but I waterd 2x a day when it diden't rain then it poured and it all floted off well not all but a lot so I had to seed again and I'll throw some more on it this fall
tell him relaxe its just grass LOL:0)
Gloria

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

glevey I love the before and after photos. Great job!! Did you have a lot of help? I can not believe the difference. I compared pictures to see if you were trying to fool us! But no you didnt. LOL> Ronna

Melvindale, MI(Zone 5a)

How wonderful. You did a fantastic job!!!

Cindy

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

thanks you no just little old me after thy droped off the 24 yards of dirt and leveled it all I had to do was rake it and seed it then put in the beds the first of I don't know how many will be there probubly a lot
Gloria

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

hers a shot of some of the front

Thumbnail by glevely
Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

and one more

Thumbnail by glevely
AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Gloria, you flower beds are very beautiful. I just love peony. I wish they bloomed longer than they do but the foliage is nice too.

24 yards of dirt is a lot of dirt. They dropped 12 yards at my son's house and I thought that was a ton of dirt.. He still hasn't sowed his seed. Maybe today. He's been busy working. I don' t know how he's going to handle his three big dogs tromping through there and getting their feet all black. One dog stays outside but the other two are house dogs. :)

Brenda

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Very nice Gloria. There is the georgeous S&S hosta.. Seen it on the hosta forum. Some day there may just be a note in the empty spot that says moved to Plainwell. LOL. You have very nice looking gardens. I have tried foxgloves so many time and can never get them to return? I do not know what Im doing wrong. I always purchase only perennial not bi annual. ??! Can not figure it out. I have more planted now. One more try... Ronna

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

Ronna my fox glove is bi annual they just wander around the bed none of them are where I first planted them I love them If S&S goes missing at least I know where to find it LOL

Brenda I only have one dog and that was bad enough!!! tell your son good luck
Gloria

Greenbush, MI(Zone 4b)

Gloria,

Thanks for the pictures of your lovely yard! What a beautiful job!!!!!!!!!!

Happy Gardening,

Carol

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.