New Kid on the Block

Morgantown, WV(Zone 6a)

Hi folks, I'm relatively new to Daves Garden. I guess this is where I belong regionally. I'm in WV and I'm not sure, but I've kind of been looking for a place to "belong" on here. So hi everyone! Nice to meet you!! :-D

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Hey pumpkinking200...welcome!! Come on over the ORVG coffee house thread. That's where most of us hang out, and talk about day to day happenings. We have another DG member there from WV....Lana. And guess what? I can't even think of her DG name right off hand...sorry! I know it very well...but just drew a blank???????
Anyway...good to see you, and hope you will join us!!

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Ok...duhhhh...it's WVdaisy!!! Had to go look...sorry Lana!!

Southwestern, OH(Zone 6b)

Hi Pumpkinking and welcome!

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Hey there pumpinking, welcome! So, are you truly a master of cucerbits? LOL Do tell us about your garden and what you like to grow.
Neal

Morgantown, WV(Zone 6a)

Thanks everyone! No gemini I am not a master of cucerbits, it's a reference to Nightmare Before Christmas. In retrospect, perhaps not the greatest of handles here since I have absolutely no experience with any pumpkins. My garden is just starting, I'm very very new to gardening. Most of my plants are in pots in the house, but I've been charged with the care landscaping around the two houses that my friend is building. About the extent of my real garden is 6 tomato plants stuffed into a very large pot on my deck. (Does that let you know how new I am? I found out not long ago that that was probably not a smart move) If I had my way about it I would be surrounded by succulents though! It's wonderful to be meeting people here!

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

Sounds like you're off to a great start! We're really good enablers around here, before you know it you'll be wanting to do away with all your sod for garden space! I like the Nightmare before Christmas reference, LOL. A gardening friend of mine has an outfit with Sally (isn't that the girl from that movie?) printed all over it.

Springfield, OH(Zone 6a)

WELCOME PUMPKINKING!!!!

Morgantown, WV(Zone 6a)

Oh how I would love to do away with the sod and make room for more plants. Alas the other half would crap if I were to suggest such a thing. And yes Sally is the girl you're thinking of. I'm really not fond of her in the movie. She spends a lot of time whining, LOL.

Alright, I have sod to water (thanks for reminding me gemini!), aloes to plant, orchids to rescue, egg salad to make and African Violets to figure out what to do with......I've got a busy morning! I'll be back later.

Hello Hello crash!

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

p-king, do you know darius? I'm thinking she said there was a DGr in Morgantown she'd corresponded with.

Oh, and with sod removal- I do it a bit at a time, hoping it will go unnoticed till its too late. We sometimes have to be sneaky with these things, LOL.

morehead, KY(Zone 6a)

Hey P-king!
I have the sound track to the movie! My So's kids and I put on quite a show with the opening track. It's stuck in my head now! Yes, we Gemini's can be quite "sneaky" when it comes to plants. Come on over to the coffee house and you can read of some of my sneaky adventures with getting new plants by Jeff! By the way where is Morgantown? We used to "play" in Huntington a lot when I was a bit younger.
George
Ghost and goblins everywhere. What is life without a good scare!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Welcome Pumpkinking200!!

Come join us on the coffee thread and let us get to know you while you get to know us!

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

Hi pumpkinking, welcome to DG and the ORVG forum! I just got home last night after a week away, have been playing catch-up all day and it's not working very well LOL. This is the place to learn how to garden which does include sneaking plants past your other half and taking up their lawn space without their knowing. Of course my dh(dear husband)is only too glad to lose lawn :) Hope you can make the next RU, you'd be sent home with TONS of plants! I missed the last one but hope to visit the buckeye folks sometime soon ;) My husband works in M-town quite a lot at WVU. Also, I was just past there last week on my way to Kingwood/Camp Dawson.

Lana

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

WELCOME PUMPKINKING!
W/ a handle drawn from my favorite Tim Burton movie I'm sure you'll fit right in here!

Ric

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Hello Pumpkinking! Welcome to DG! You "belong" wherever you feel comfortable. :) There are a lot of great forums here at DG so don't forget to look around. And we are glad to have you here in the ORV forum.

Michele or Chele or BS or seed or bad (I'll answer to most anything!)

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Hey Punkin'... Welcome! Great Group here, you'll find lots of support and lots of fun!

Contrary to what is mentioned above (referring to me), I do not know anyone in Morgantown anymore. Back in the Dark Ages I worked with a young man who was a Year 5 student (M.D.) at Johns Hopkins; after he finished his internship year, he went back to Morgantown, his home. I can picture him (he married first a girl I introduced him to at the hospital... was a short marriage) but cannot drag up his last name... Bruce somebody. He'd be around 60 by now.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I'm a little late welcoming you, Punkin', but welcome! My husband Howie and I are both subscribers here and love these guys from the Valley. I hope you can make it to some of the get-togethers. I'm jealous that you live closer to Lana than we do, too!

Franklin, OH(Zone 6a)

Do you guys think we scared Pumpkinking away??????

Morgantown, WV(Zone 6a)

Thank you all for the warm welcome! Sorry I have been so lax in responding, had a wonderful weekend away and I'm quite sad to see it end.

I'm glad I'm not the only person that enjoys Tim Burton or the music from Nightmare!

I can't wait to get to know all of you better and perhaps go to some of the get togethers! I shall be joining the coffee house soon..

Also, feel free to call me Shawn if you wish :o)

Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

Hello and welcome Shawn! Am I the only one who's never seen that movie? lol, I stopped watching scary movies when I started living alone several years ago and there was a "presence" in my house!

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

'Nightmare Before Christmas' is not a scary movie Renee.
Dark at times, Warped, Twisted and Delightful but certainly not Scary.

Now Dicken's 'A Christmas Carol' THAT's Scary!

Ric

Buffalo, WV(Zone 7a)

I've never seen it either :)

Lana

LOL, I guess I figured if the title sounds scary... Thanks, Ric!

Winchester, KY(Zone 6a)

....I saw "warped, twisted, and delightful", and was just sure you talking about me, LOL!

Springfield, OH(Zone 5b)

Hi Pumpkinking200! Welcome to the ORVG

(just as an aside I should state that as a Punkin, vs a Pumpkin, all claims of presumed sovereignty are null and void)

Cincinnati, OH(Zone 6b)

Well Neal............ LOL!

Jazz that was the first thing I thought of when I saw the moniker...

Ric

LOL at Neal and Jazz!

Scottsburg, IN(Zone 6a)

A belated but no less hearty welcome, Shawn!! That's one of my absolute favorite movies, and solidly my niece's favorite! Great music, great message, stunning animation - Renee, you gotta see it! (I grew up watching Disneyland's fireworks from my bedroom every night, so I'm a Disney Kid, love animations!). And don't be afraid to ask any and all gardening questions, the folks here have a frightening amount of experience - I've learned a lot and made many friends.

Cleveland Heights, OH(Zone 5b)

Hey just saw this so forgive me...Welcome anyway!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.