Tons of Cedar mulch

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

WEll, not tons but almost tons of it. We're planing cedar boards to go on the outside of this house my DH is working on, and we're bagging the mulch, It's not treated, So what can I use it for?

Bedding for animals? geese, chickens?

Thought about putting it on the strawberries this fall is that a good or bad idea?

what about just mulching with it on plants? It'snot fresh, it's been sitting in this guy's yard for over a year now before we ever started planing the wood.

I need to know, cause the bags are huge and piling up in our shop.

Kathy

Plano, TX

you should be able to use for mulch- i used the shavings from our tree for mulch and to add to the compost --it was great

Central Texas, TX(Zone 8b)

Yes, using it as mulch should be okay.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

so you guys are saying it doesn't have to sit up for a year? as mulch? before I can use it now onmy plants? I didn't quite understand that.

Plano, TX

i used mine right after it came off the tree--some i threw in with my compost--some i used in lasagna layering and some i put directly on for mulch--it worked fine all 3 ways--no problems at all

Central Texas, TX(Zone 8b)

It should be okay to use. If your sceptical try some on a test plot.

Plano, TX

it heated up a lot when it was deep--so if you made it too deep it might burn your plants-- it was only deep for me where the pile was

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

ok, thanks I appreciate all the help

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.