LadyBird Johnson

Wauseon, OH(Zone 5a)

I forgot the most important thing I WOULD LIKE TO PERSONLY THANK-YOU FOR LETTING ME KNOW ABOUT THE BUY on LadyBird Johnson.

If it was not for you I more than likely would have forgot it thinking that it was not going to be offered any more.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Happy to help!

I look forward to seeing your pictures when it blooms!!

Wauseon, OH(Zone 5a)

Shirley1md Can you tell me how wide and how tall your LadyBird Johnson gets?

They say 8 to 10 feet tall but they don't say how wide they get.

Mahomet, IL

I'm glad you were able to get LadyBird Johnson, Golden_Eagle! I know how it is to have your heart set on a plant--I was stalking the Chalk Hill site for heraclefolia Cassandra for days.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

I have my C. "Lady Bird Johnson" growing up my mailbox post. It vines around the end of the box and it's now setting buds for late summer/early fall blooms. It is not very wide. I'm guesstimating about 2ft.

Wauseon, OH(Zone 5a)

Would you have got 2 of them?

Can one start one from this one to get another?

If so what do you have to do?

Delaware, OH

golden eagle: layer the vine on the ground.use a woody wine, not a young shoot , and anchor a piece of a longer vine into the soil with a hair pin or a weigh it down with a rock. leave the end of the vine back up out of the soil..just weave a piece down into the soil. after many months, even after over wintering and some more months,cut the new plant free and carefully dig up and replant. you can also layer it into a pot on the ground, but in your zone (some as mine i think) maybe best to do it right in the ground as the pot can get colder than the ground and the little plant may not survive the winter in it. for a better explanation or diagram look up how to layer on the internet.
layering is fool proof, you just have to be patient and remember where you layered so you can go back and get the plant out later.
i do this a lot, not to dig the plant out, but just to boost the display and create more plants in it. also protects you if the original plants get sick or dies.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Being from Texas I was thrilled to be able to get Clematis "LadyBird Johnson" from Chalkhill..She truly was a Texas Icon and a wonderful Lady!!..Jeanne

Denton, TX(Zone 7a)

I missed that one..can I get some cuttings from someone? Please??

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.