Look what I found in my garden today

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

I was outside, squatting down, checking out the inflo on one of my plumerias and something flashed by. Looked over and here he was, sitting there with his brown eyes. This is probably the guy eating all my flower buds and here I am blaming it on the deer.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci
Lilburn, GA(Zone 7b)

Hi Nicole!

I sent him over to you after he ate everything in MY yard.......LOL.....just kidding!

Would you like me to send over the huge snapping turtle that keeps coming into my yard from the neighborhood retention pond? He is one mean fella! He starts snapping if you get within 4 feet of him!

We need to get together.....

carole

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Bunnies are cute, but they can really do damage fast. I've been blaming deer for eating my hosta. I've seen 2 rabbits in the back yard recently, but no deer hoof prints. I bet I've been blaming the wrong critter, too!

Carole, Is this the "snapping turtle" you are trying to send my way? Don't even think about it.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci
Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

We have those around here in the swamps. Just another fun animal to stay away from. LOL.

OMG! That thing is HUGE! I saw it at the zoo!

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

He will 'snap' your fingers off. LOL.
Please don't send any more wildlife to me. I have bunnies, foxes, deer, armadillos,.. gotta just love nature. I figure they are doing the early pruning that Walter Reeves suggests for next month..
Elaine

Lilburn, GA(Zone 7b)

Nichole......I was wondering where Mr Snappy had gone to......LOL

EFGeorgia....where's Lizella? Armadillos? What do they like to eat?

I have turtles, bunnies, deer, foxes, coyotes, owl but no armadillo...

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Armadillos dig so I assume they eat roots etc. They've become a fairly big problem inland from me. I know at Sun City they complain about the double whammy of boars and armadillos. LOL> Throw some deer on top of that. No wonder they seem to be cranky out at Sun City.

Those cute little chipmunk are good for digging too!

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

I have these guys running around so I would imagine they're out at Sun City too. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fox_Squirrel

A lot of them are black and white around here. Look more like a ferret or something like that. Boy can they jump. I see many of them that look sort of like this guy. http://www.duke.edu/~jspippen/mammals/foxsquirrel040515-093brunswickcoz.jpg

They're usually black with a white chest but there seems to be a good variety of them.

Tree Rats! That's what I call them. Hate them. I know a guy that grew up in the south and his mother eats them. They are not scared of anything and gets into everything.

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

I've eaten a squirrel. Not bad at all. I don't understand rabbits as pets. Food yes, pets no.

Lizella, GA(Zone 8a)

Carol, the armadillos just seem to root around for bugs, worms, grubs.
Lizella is just west of Macon.
Lilie, no coyotes,,, sorry you have them up there. I have a friend who lives on the Chattahoochee and some of their neighbors have lost small dogs and cats to them.
Elaine

We are not too far off the Chattahoochee River, but not on it. I have some friends that does live right on the Chattahoochee River and they get big snakes from the river. We had problems with coyote getting cats and dogs a few years ago, but haven't heard anything lately.

This message was edited Jun 20, 2008 12:58 AM

Jackson, SC(Zone 8a)

i stayed in lizella for a year. wow didnt know somew=one was from there on here. guess i need to look more often.

you know i habve never seen a live armidillo. i think the ones here in my area and augusta are just stupid. always road kill.

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

i've got bunnys.. Big ones, little ones, middle sized ones. I have irrigation by my well and i think they come for the wet grass.. haven't seen too many plants eaten up yet :)

Also have coyotes and as of today in the AJC , I have a bear in the area!! :)

Susan

Thumbnail by soulgardenlove
Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Natural born killer was loose a few minutes ago.

Might want to take a closer look to figure out what happened.

Thumbnail by CoreHHI
Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

This is what he looks like. Needs a hair cut so it's probably hard to tell what the grey animal is. LOL.

Thumbnail by CoreHHI

He will keep the deer and the bunnies away...

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

LOL Cute pup there.

Lili have you gotten rid of the rabbit?

I haven't seen him again, but I'm sure he is around somewhere. It's all part of living by some forestation. I'm OK with that, even if they eat my plant.

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

Killer will chase a deer but he is way to slow. Also he has a little problem with rolling in their poop. Otter poop being number one on the list with deer number two for a good roll. Anything that is small and fury is a good target. We have a possum that turns up once in a while, that ends in a stalemate. Possum a little to big and mean.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.