shingles

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Felt pretty bad the latter part of last week. Saturday morning called dr.'s emergency number (no doctors work on Saturday here). Service said to go to er. It took 2 hours of waiting to confirm what I already knew. She wrote a script for FAMVIR 500mg/3 times a day. I have been in bed every since. It is located on my right shoulder around the back and up into my hair as far as my crown. Then circled to the front of my breastbone. Have run fever almost continually and can't stand to even have the sheet touch my skin. This is miserable.

My DH is beyond frightened. 4 years ago my mother had the same. It went into her eye and ear, eventually to the brain causing encepholitus. She died. I don't think I am in that much danger.

Anyone else had experience with shingles.

Christi

This message was edited Jun 23, 2008 7:31 PM

This thread has 82 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!