ONE MORE PIX OF HORRIBLE FUNGUS!!

Redondo Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Here is the same fungus as my other post, this time on my PETUNIAS!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! Any advice will be appreciated!! DESPERATE IN THE GARDEN.... Rusty.

Thumbnail by RustyStar
Hurst, TX(Zone 7b)

Pick off the infected petunia leaves or flowers and spray the remaining leaves, weekly, with a fungicide such as Ortho Funginex, benomyl (Systemic Fungicide) or bayleton (FungAway).

Remember that good ole' petunias don't like water on their flowers; as a matter of fact, after a rain, petunia flowers may close up and appear wilted. Water the soil or use a drip irrigation system. Once water has touched the flower, it'll take several days before it re-opens again (some varieties are faster than others).

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I don't think you really need to worry that much about this, just be careful not to splash your flowers with water when you're watering them and you shouldn't have any more problems. Especially if it's just on the flowers I'm not even sure you need to spray anything, I'd just pick off the affected flowers and be more careful on your watering. If it's on the leaves too then it may be worth doing the fungicide.

Redondo Beach, CA(Zone 10a)

Thanks all! I can't believe it might just be my clumsy watering! What a jerk I am!! LOL! Anyway, I need to buy one of those long-armed sprayers so I can get below the blossoms. Thank you again for all the good thoughts!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.