unusual clematis blooms of interest

Delaware, OH

alba luxurians

Thumbnail by ClematisGuru
Delaware, OH

avante garde, just opened this weekend.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

Sometimes the immature flowers can have green varigation on their sepals. Temperature, weather & soil can also affect flower production.

I love Avante Garde. Are you able to get a clearer picture of it?

Delaware, OH

yes i will send a better avante garde pic later today. it was breezy and i think the flower moved in the breeze. last year the early blooms had a lot of green sepals too. as it ramps up blooming it will normalize.

scio, oregon, OR(Zone 8a)

I ordered two Avante Garde vines from a nursery and was shocked at the TINY things they sent me. They are both still alive but it will be a long while before I ever get blooms!

Delaware, OH

i put mine in a year ago. they were small, but i am surprised by the vigor. they are each half of an arch and reach the top of the arch with good side coverage. lot of blooms.
her e is a better pic to make up for the shaky one i used earlier.

scio, oregon, OR(Zone 8a)

Oh! they are really nice but I'm going to have to be patient!

Delaware, OH

another nice thing about avante garde is it blooms high, none really low and that makes it good for a combination with something that blooms lower.

Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

I love the two toned effect of Avante Garde and the pom-pom center. It looks like some birds have taken up residency in your lovely Clematis.

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Those are so purty..I have two "Avant-Garde" but no "Alba Luxurians"...a must have!!..Jeanne

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

I think I need Alba Luxurians I think I may have one or two of the avante garde!!

Delaware, OH

yes..alba luxurians is stunning. i may get more of them to mix in other groupings. i really like it and in second full year it is large with a lot of blooms. it is basically with the moonlight hydrangea and marie boiselotte.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.