Adding a water feature to the shade garden

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Rocks is the topic further up the threads.
I am adding a water feature but someone else is doing the work.
Same guys who are planting my JM and Rhodies.
Putting in this .Basalt pillar ,drilled and polished. Very Zen.

This message was edited Jun 16, 2008 6:34 AM

Thumbnail by ge1836
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Trees and fountain will go here. Pardon the Photoshop enhancement.

Thumbnail by ge1836
Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

very nice. It will be lovely when it's done.

I have a similar pillar in my 3rd rock garden, undrilled. It was originally cut for a hitching post, but never used. There's another back in a neighbor's woods where there was once a house that we have talked about, um, "rescuing" (?) but haven't yet. Stan has been thinking about doing a fountain for several years, but farming keeps getting in his way.

Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

Rescue that pillar. Mine weighs 250 lbs hope yours is an easier job.

Panama, NY(Zone 5a)

lol, we have some rocks that are close to a ton. Stan doesn't do anything by small measures, of course it helps to have 100 horse farm tractors with hi-lifts with both bucket and forks. There is an old rock quarry down in the pasture by the creek where they pulled the stone for the foundation of the original house (this one, although built in the old fashion is only 63 years old) and the barns. We've got quite a lot of good stone to work with.

Thumbnail by Kathleen
Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Love that pillar, Jo Ann. Good luck.

Throw the good luck this way will ya? Here is the bunny wabbits birdbath. I think it needs to be painted and it is a waterfall type. It needs electricity.

So far
75 rocks
120 birdbath
50 at least in loam.
40 electric line?
15 bark
7 weed mat
-----------------
307 bucks and not a green, red, brown, black or dead leaf.

Hubby is not happy with it.

Thumbnail by
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

AHHHHH equipment and manpower, wish I had em.
Wish I was a Vet. just took Jerry my cat for an intake visit a shot and some Revolution.$250.00.and I'm not done yet, he needs dentel surgery,tooth has gum tissue grown over it and decay in another, no wonder he doesn't eat much of the dry cat food and has lost weight.
Ther goes my Govt. ckeck to save the country from financial ruin.

This bird was just in there with the rabbit. Last year you people called it a Grouse? I put pics on and told how it would chase my DH. Havent seen him since last fall. I thought he was someones supper.

Thumbnail by
Pittsford, NY(Zone 6a)

They must have a nest nearby and are chaseing your DH away.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.