Coneflowers Pictures

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

Here are some pictures I took a few days ago....

http://gallery.mac.com/sinai#100120

Paul from Alabama

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Paul! Yo! What is in the big round green urn that's short and red? I mean the flower, the flowers are NOT a coneflower, and they're short or reddish-orange.

Carrie from Massachusetts

Frisco, TX(Zone 8a)

Paul, Love your pictures (and stories too!). Since we are both dealing with hot humid summers what is your best white coneflower? I also have a very small yard so it is important that I keep it as small as possible, though I do have some area along a fence where it could get tall.thanks

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

carrie, its red spreading verbena...and the grass is 'Morning Light' in the middle.....

There is a small version of a white one called Kim's Mophead but I tell you the truth I don't much care for it...the white looks kinda washed out from the get go much less later in August.....Now my personal favorite is 'White Swan', a healthy mature 'White Swan' is about as good as it gets if you ask me......the white in the evening is almost luminous, I tell you the 'bomb' as my little sister used to say.......:)
there is another one, Fragrant Angel but I've never grown it myself but heard good things from some folks I know who grow it.. but I saw it in a nursery onetime and it don't have the pizzazz of 'White Swan' if you ask me ......Is my love and favoritism for White Swan' coming through?......:)

Paul from Alabama

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

By the way, teacup, thanks for reading my stories and I'm so glad you enjoyed them.......you have a nice weekend, you too carrie

Paul from Alabama

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Thanks, Paul, you're Da Man.

Frisco, TX(Zone 8a)

Thanks paul, I'll look for White swan. How big does it get for you at maturity?

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

No carrie, You da woman.....:)

teacup mine get about 3 feet or so....You can grow them from seed now......I haven't but they sell them, if you interested in doing that

Paul from Alabama

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

No, Paul, please. You da bomb!

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

OK, no fair, I can't top that......:)

Paul from Alabama

Garner, NC(Zone 7b)

Carrie from Massachusetts - very, very funny;>

I agree PfA about the White Swan..I have one covered in bud gettin' ready to burst forth, lol! Very cool.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.