Razzmatazz

McLean, VA(Zone 6b)

I planted three small plants last year, and never saw any blooms. Part of the reason may have been that the blanketflower I planted nearby went crazy, and just completely took over the area. At any event, I decided that they probably didn't make it, and didn't look for to them reappearing this spring. Imagine my surprise when I saw this beauty.

Thumbnail by pennefeather
McLean, VA(Zone 6b)

And this one with my monte negro lilies behind it.

McLean, VA(Zone 6b)

While I've never compared razzmatazz with the newer double pink, I am just as happy as I could be to have these. I have at least two of these plants, and possibly all three made it. Untill the third nearby coneflower begins to bloom, I wont know if it is razzmatazz or a magnus. I just think that they are beautiful. The plants are tall and pretty full now that they aren't being smothered by blanketflowers.

Watertown, WI(Zone 5a)

How pretty! I love their flat-tops and downward pointing petals.

I have a new 'Pink Double Delight' that's covered in buds right now. It's a small plant yet, but it looks as though it's ready to bloom it's little head off. I can't wait to see what those blooms look like. Supposedly, it's similar to Razzmatazz but more compact.

Lewisburg, KY(Zone 6a)

Does Razzmatazz seed come true? Or do you need a root division? Lovely, my Double Deckers is only singles so far.

:(
Teresa

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.