Want to see my Blooms?? :)

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

I saw photos of your garden a while back on the Cottage Garden Forum. Really one of the loveliest home gardens I've ever seen. Thanks for sharing.

Laurel

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Susan

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Can I bring a tent and move in your yard. I'll stay hidden as best I can.

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

I gotta get you into something nicer than that.. I have this one neighbor that would call on us if it didn't meet code! :)

Susan

Oh, the one who calls the code folks if your garage door is open more than an hour? One more reason why I like spending time back here in the woods. We have great neighbors, but not always. I got a little "organic" revenge when I had someone up here drive down to Sandy Springs and chicken litter the yard. Ha ha! What were they going to do...report me for not using Chem Lawn? My guy had a state license to spread.

Laurel

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Yes.. I've had a odor complaint here for the horse manure.. i told the guy I was standing knee deep in it and shoveling it out of the truck and he was just driving by so it shouldn't be a problem. yea.. i don't think they have that rule on the books :)
:)

Susan

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

Susan, beautiful garden. I LOVE all your plants! My zinnia are just now blooming. I must have planted them too late.

Lili, Your zinnias are not late. I save tubs of seed and scatter them about my veggie garden they are not fancy but have been reliable in the drought. I love them! Here is a picture of just a few of my zinnias growing up out of the cabbages with dill.

Laurel

Thumbnail by MaypopLaurel

I saw photos of your June blooms and they are just beautiful! I was just over in your area this evening. Both my brother and my cousin live over in East Cobb.

Anyway, I too planted mine from seeds. And I really completely forgot about those zinnia seeds until a few weeks ago, they started sprouting. Since I had never planted from seeds before, I thought for sure they were weeds and was going to pull them out. Luckily, I was over my mother and saw the zinnia leaves and realized those were the zinnias seeds I planted a while back. LOL! So, now they are blooming! I am so excited. I am still waiting for my MG and Spanish Flag to bloom.

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Thanks.. ! :) Every year I look at all the seeds that should have been sown.. Human nature I guess! ... But I still appreciate the ones that were sown :) I must have done it in early April?? They are so easy.. I Love easy flowers :) Glad you enjoyed the slideshow.. i really enjoy loading there.. much easier and I like the way it turns out too. I also have MG's that i really did start late.. Still waiting on them too :) If your coming over this way drop me a line and see if I'll be here and I'll give you the tour.. The pictures are better though!!

Susan

This message was edited Jul 8, 2008 12:50 PM

Evans, GA(Zone 7b)

Susan - you have a magic touch. I want to know when I can visit ;-) and if you can teach me some of your plant wisdom. Lovely!

OK, Susan. I'm going to take you up on that offer. Most gardener, including myself, are just so proud of our gardens and love to show them off.

Also, now that I've planted from seeds and collecting seeds. I noticed them on all the plants. I have all my non-gardening friends promising me they will call me when their seed pods are brown!

This message was edited Jul 7, 2008 8:07 PM

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

I have wanted to host a RU for a while now... have a nearby park with a great pavilion too :) Maybe one day i will.

Actually.. my front beds in front of the fence are looking kinda bare as I've already taken out the angel trumpets and lots of plants I don't want to grow there and have yet to replant and still have more to take out.. So this summer is not the best for those beds.. But, I couldn't stay with what it was! :) They are always works in progress...

oh and my big secret... great soil!

Susan

You are right about GREAT SOIL! My mother use everything for compost and she has an incredible garden. I have too many wild animals in my area to just put all that stuff out there like her. I am going to look into doing a small compost pail. I haven't started researching it yet.

Well, if you have any Angel Trumpet you can't use, I will take them off your hand. I have 2 but the bulbs were planted late this year, so no bloom. I can't wait to see them next year.

Bluffton, SC(Zone 9a)

That is beyond my abilities. LOL. Codes people were all right with the butterflies on the fence? Actually that wire fence it's self?

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

So sorry.. I had tons of angel trumpets and now not so much! :( I'm actually getting to the point where i have to rip something out to put more things in! :) Didn't think that would happen anytime this quick.. But it is!

Nope.. no codes against butterflies! :)

My next door neighbor has a beautiful single (deep) yellow trumpet. It's borderline my property, so we "share" it. :) We swap seeds with each other all the time.

Here is a picture from last year. It blooms late in the summer - September I think.

Thumbnail by LiliMerci
Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

I have tried a thousand times to open your photobucket, Susan. Something about firefox on't let me. I wonder if I could try it with internet explorer instead. I'll try that. I'm about to bust a gut to see your gardens. :(

Dacula, GA(Zone 7b)

Debra, I use firefox and it comes up fine. Maybe you need a plugin or something. Do you get any error messages? Becky

If you have a public library in your area, stop by and use their computer.

Cordele, GA(Zone 8a)

Finally! I had to use internet explorer to view Susan's slides. Simply Goreous! I'm ripping my stuff out tomorrow and starting over! j/k ain't got the strength. Susan, girl, you got the touch! Oh the roses are my favorite in your slides.

Marietta, GA(Zone 7b)

Been gone! Deb you are too funny... I've ripped whole bunches out myself.. and am starting over here and there. People that see the garden think that I'm so sweet and a gentle soul... and i am most times..but little do they know the savage machete weilding, shovel digging, ripping out that goes on to obtain such a state of harmony and grace. I had an audience once while using my machete.. Funny! :)

Glad you got to see them :)

Nice Lili.
Susan

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.