Help for my 2 year old vine....its looking sad

Lake Charles, LA

I've tried everything to help my fabulous black eye susan vine. I bought it last spring in TX. and brought it to its new home in LA. and it was fabulous....actually stopped traffic. It made it through our mild winters and grew well than turned sickly looking. I put it in a bigger pot with new dirt and it is still sad. I moved it sightly so that it doesn't get as much sun.

Can't figure out what it needs. It did look like this last December . It needs help this year.

Lake Charles, LA

This is the vine in Decemember

Thumbnail by ssdogwood
San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

A bigger pot perhaps means you might be overwatering. Also, I think those guys do like full sun, so I would put it back in the sun and check if the soil inside the pot isn't too wet.

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

Can you post a pic of what it looks like now? There are lots of things that could be going on and seeing how it looks now could help narrow things down. Watering issues are always my first suspect, but it could be something else too.

San Diego, CA(Zone 10b)

Totally. I've killed a few potted plants by overwatering so it always the first thing that comes to mind, lol

Lake Charles, LA

When the plant was in the sun the leaves would we look wilted and dry looking so I watered. I've moved to partial sun and its doing well.
Thanks for the tip.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.