Help With An Id Please

Beaver Falls, PA(Zone 6a)

This one is a tall bearded, about 36 to 40 inches tall - one of my taller ones. The picture makes it look a tad lighter than it is. I would call the coloring a dark wine with light yellow in the middle of the falls. Someone posted a picture of a similar one, but theirs is lighter than mine. I looked at various pictures of the one that was posted here, and it was described as raspberry. Mine would never be described that way. It's much too dark. The sun shining on it makes it look lighter than it really is. Any ideas?

Linda

PS I found the thread with the picture that reminds me a little of mine - Rock Star. Mine is a darker version with the same colorations.

This message was edited Jun 14, 2008 9:32 PM

Thumbnail by Igrowinpa

Another picture showing truer colors. Unfortunately, it is not in focus very well.

Thumbnail by Igrowinpa
Loysville, PA(Zone 6a)

It sure looks like my Starlight Sonata but, I don't think mine is that tall.

Thumbnail by Willit_Grow
Loysville, PA(Zone 6a)

and another view

Thumbnail by Willit_Grow

Willit_Grow, I went on-line to look at as many pictures of Starlight Sonata that I could find. There is one at malevil-iris.com that looks very, very much like mine. They have it listed as 36 inches. You may have helped me find a match. Thanks!

Linda

Loysville, PA(Zone 6a)

You are very welcome ! I hope that's the one. I know that in my case I don't have alot of space for ones I can't identify .

South Hamilton, MA

Rock Star is a space age iris with horns & I didn't see any in your picture. Otherwise can't help on ID.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.