Heucherella Burnished Bronze

(GayLynn) Appleton, WI(Zone 5a)

Cheryl, here is the Burnished Bronze I was telling you about. I love how the color on the leaves is starting to change.

GayLynn

Thumbnail by staceysmom
Parma, OH(Zone 5b)

Really looks healthy. I have admired it for some time. Does it start out an
overall green and slowly go into the bronze coloration?

Yes it does. Starts out dark green. It's a newer one for me and I couldn't figure out how it got its name until it started changing. It has just begun to change to the color shown in the pic. The photo doesn't really do it justice. It is one of my favorites now. Thanks.

GayLynn

MANSFIELD, AR(Zone 7a)

Love the Burnished Bronze...I need that one!

Bensenville, IL(Zone 5a)

Thanks for posting it GayLynn. That one is a beauty! As the name says, it truly is bronze in color. Very cool that it changes from green to bronze. I'll keep my eye out for that one here too.

Brillion, WI

The Burnished Bronze is gorgeous! Where did you get it?

debee, I picked this one up at Wal-Mart.... but it was last year. I actually looked for more this year because I like the coloring so well but haven't come across any.

GayLynn

Ripon, WI(Zone 4a)

That really is pretty. Another one I just "gotta have"!

Redford, MI(Zone 6a)

Oh great now there's another one I need. I started with a few last year but after they wintered over so well that this year I have gone overboard. I even have potted some.

Ottawa, Canada

I have been late in posting this lol. Thanks GayLynn for posting the pic of burnished bronze! After seeing it, I had to have it and when I stumbled across it in a nursery (on my birthday lol), my sister bought it for me as a gift!

Brenda

Nice sister! I really like this one. The color is so pretty.

Ottawa, Canada

Nah, it was more she was tired of trying to figure out what I wanted for my birthday (she knew plants were a good guess but didn't know which one) and she was with me when I saw it. On my birthday I got to spend part of the day touring nurseries I hadn't been to yet (didn't get to as many as I wanted, but stil had fun). She snatched it out of my hand before I had a chance to get to the cash LOL.

Bensenville, IL(Zone 5a)

Brenda - That's a nice sister, at least you got something you really wanted! That's how my best friend (and neighbor) and I shop for each other--I don't have a sister, but she's just like one!. When we see something we like when we're together we just tell each other "that's what your getting for your birthday". Whether it's a plant or whatever.

Burnished Bronze was a very nice gift, you're a lucky girl and what a nice way to spend your birthday, touring nurseries!

Happy belated birthday to you... to another Leo.... mine's today and I just got my outdoor wall plaque with a male and female cardinal on it from my dear friend (I even forgot that she had gotten it for me so that made it even better!)

Your birthday is today Cheryl?! Well Happy, happy birthday! I hope you had a great day and did something special just for yourself!

Bensenville, IL(Zone 5a)

Thank you very much GayLynn for the birthday wishes. I did have a nice day and very nice dinner at one of my favorite places.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.