Weight Loss Challange June 14 - 21, 2008

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

We are having a lovely cool, crisp even, morning here in central MO. There is still a light haze from the fog that probably was there earlier. It should be a nice day for working outside. There is still a heavy dew on the grass tho so I'll wait until that is gone.

I just called the animal shelter and got the recording. They will open at 11 so I will start loading up critters to take in around 10:30. So far I have decided to take not only Nita but the 3 Degus and possibly one of the cats who is a nut case and fights with other cats. She is very loveable but needs to be an only cat with few rules to abide by. I have threatened to get rid of her for years and I think today is the day. I'll type a paper about each of them to leave at the shelter. That will help to get them the best home for hopefully the rest of their lives. I just wish I had done this a long time ago. Sometimes just giving up on an animal is harder than tolerating misbehavior. But Nita has cost me more grief that I can tolerate and I know it will just continue. Kelly has been a thorn in my side in many ways for years with her neurotic behaviors. I may even recommend she be euthanised for her own sake. I hope the degus are kept together. I know 2 of them(Sherry & Mini) have been together since birth and the other one(SusieQ)I've had since she was a baby. She has been with the other 2 for a couple years now so staying together would be best for all three of them. Susie is diabetic and has had worsening cataracts since I got her. She kind of depends on the others in some ways.

Breakfast is oatmeal made with nfsm, fake butter, raisins and stevia. Very filling. Lunch will probably be ham, winter squash, and some applesauce.

Eating must have been really bad lately because I've gained a few pounds back. I'll have to start trying to do more and eat less. And drink more water.

I just called Ally and left a message on her machine. She is carrying such a heavy load right now and needs our prayers.

Poor little Penny dog was so miserable in the evening yesterday so I checked her over. She was covered with fleas!! I don't know where she got them but the only thing to do was give her a good bath and remove the ones that didn't come off. Then I reapplied FrontLine. I don't know if it is exactly the time for it but it was the only way I could think of to protect her. I also gave her 5 mg. of Prednisone to help with the horrible itching she was having. She slept well all night I think and still isn't interested in going out for a potty break this morning. She is so miserable like this and I have seriously thought about having her put down to stop the misery.

I found a 9V battery this morning and used the TENS on my shoulder. I don't think it did as much good as the therapist's machine because I don't know how to set this one to pulse, rest, pulse, rest, etc. like hers. I do know one of them is much more complex and has more setting so that is the one she will likely use. I may have to give up the heat pad at night or at least wait a while before using the TENS and doing the exercises. She uses the TENS & an ice pack before the exercises so that there is less inflammation in the joint.

I guess I need to get moving and make this day count for something tho at this very moment I just want to go back to bed.

GOD bless and keep each of you.

This thread has 27 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!