Quick - Duck! They're about to bloom

(Mary) Poway, CA(Zone 10a)

Inca Sun is about to bloom. So many blooms on this plant. The flower itself is only so-so but this one makes up for it with sheer volume.

Thumbnail by mpabbott1

Mountain Treasure. Dependable even in the heat of summer.

Thumbnail by mpabbott1

Creamsickle. A very large flower.

Thumbnail by mpabbott1

This is what's planted around Creamsickle. Anyone know what's wrong with that Ginger? I've never had one before, so I may be abusing it without knowing it.

Thumbnail by mpabbott1
Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Mary, your plants are beautiful! I love the fern, is it maiden hair fern? Beautiful foxglove too...is it perhaps too shady for the ginger, or is it newly planted? Mine always look a bit tatty just after I plant them, mind you, I have always left them in a pot too long!

Thanks for sharing the pictures of your pretty garden.

Sinking spring, PA(Zone 5b)

Beautiful pictures. Looks to me like your ginger has a little soluble salt burn and or dehydration. I would really flush it with water a couple of times and give it extra water in general for a few weeks. They are big feeders, so there is probably quite a bit of time release fertilizer in your soil that is aggravating the leaf margin burn, and until it gets its roots out and gets established, the original rootball often dries out faster than the surrounding soil. It will be fine!

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Mary... I think your ginger looks fine...it could be an older stalk. Looks like Hedychium greenii....bright orange flowers? They tend to look a bit tatty at times.....

Hi Jenny - that is Maiden Hair Fern. The Ginger is newly planted.

Thanks for the tips on the Ginger. It wasn't marked, and I haven't seen a bloom .... just stumbling my way through, as I haven't had it before.

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Beautiful pics! I can hardly wait until my brugs get big enough to have such lovely flowers!
I also think your ginger looks fine, just needs to get used to the neighborhood. My white ginger is blooming again...ahhh heavenly fragrance!

Yokwe,
Shari

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Love the brugs! Really nice!

Dance, anyone? This picture of Creamsickle reminds me of four dresses hanging, up ready for their ballerinas to put them on.

Thumbnail by mpabbott1
Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Sure does....someone start the music!!!!

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Love Creamsickle, what a beauty Mary...do you like them better when they are in their white phase or when they turn pale orange?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.