Polling for Houston Area Plant swap -Interested?

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/861047/

Click on this link for dates in July

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Oh man! I wish I could join you all!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

me too...and Carol...and Shari...

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

OOOOHHHH, me, too. All of you.

Keaau, HI(Zone 11)

Me too!

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

Hello everyone-
Now that the wind has blown, the electricity is mostly back, and our "Tossed Salad Gardens" are slowly being re-assembled. I'm wondering how you all fared during that very LONG Hurricane.

I've never seen so many large tree's blown over before. The builders have just completed re-building the fence that blew over. Adjusters will be on site on the 14th, and after that the roof will be replaced.
Of course the garden was completely trashed, and have just started restoration. Plants seem to be fairly hardy. I didn't realize how much stuff I have packed back there, until it's unceremoniously heaped in a pile in the center of the garden!

Now it's try to keep a step ahead, and prepare the greenhouse for winter (lets hope for warm like after Rita).
Will take the opportunity and powerwash the deck, re-seal it, power wash the greenhouse, and do a little landscaping. Things are different in the garden, plants, shrubs & trees are being removed, replaced or re-located.

Sadly, the poor fish had the heaviest casualties. I've since learned that adding Hydrogen Peroxide to the pond infuses it with oxygen, and it did save the remaining 2 goldfish. All the big black gold fish perished.

Another clean up tip. Tarps..wow, you can haul 10 times as much stuff, with more ease by laying out a tarp and tossing all the debris in the center. You can hook up the ends with the built in holes, and drag a mountain of trash to the desired location!

I tell ya..if I trip over another tree branch again it'll be too soon!

Okay..Roll call! tell me how your doing!

Rj

Tree fern lived, although got a bit fried from the depleted canopy. I moved the bird of paradise in front of the green house, and now the fern doesn't have to compete!

Thumbnail by rjuddharrison
Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

You guys continue to amaze me with your get up and go after such devastation...I admire each and every one of you, and I just know your gardens will be better than ever before...

Warmest Aloha to you all.

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

If I was closer I would come to the plant swap. It would make my family down there happy too. lol.

Randy, at the garden where I worked they also use tarps to put debris on. They use them so much that they get new tarps regularly cause they get torn up. lol

(Nadine) Devers, TX(Zone 9b)

Still cleaning up here at my place..too much tree limb debris..having to start over again...lol got a 5 acre yard to clean up...sheeze..glad ya doing ok, Randy...

Houston, TX(Zone 9a)

5 acres...arrghh..I saw on Jerry's web site that his jungle was flatened too.
I think I might go see him with Wayne in the next couple of weeks. If you need anything let me know..I really didn't loose any plants ..one of the papaya trees broke in half, but it's growing new leaves already.

(Nadine) Devers, TX(Zone 9b)

Yep it was..

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.