Alcohol for fuel

(Zone 6b)

I watched a video yesterday where this man was saying that the first automobiles were run on alcohol distilled in stills, like moonshine. That before gasoline, all the farms had stills and made alcohol to burn for light at night and also to run their tractors and cars.

He said today's cars will run on alcohol with some minor adjustments.

It was interesting. I don't know if there is a cheap way for us to make our own alcohol or not. I think it's worth considering.

Seems to me that breaking water down into HHO might be a bit less trouble. You don't have to buy corn or any products and learn to cook it and buy all that equipment.

I still think it would be a good thing to know though. He also said that oil will eventually run out, but we will always have the sun to make our own alcohol. He made some good points.

Karen

This thread has 22 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!