Pink champagne is wilting!!! Ahhhhhhh

(Zone 4a)

I can't believe this - I have never seen clematis wilt but I think my pink champagne has started to get it.....there is no other way for me to describe it other than it all looks wilty LOL The stems and leaves look they haven't gotten enough water and they are just all limpy! I know this isn't the case since we have had 3 days worth of rain....does this sound like wilt to you ladies?? What do I do now? I guess this means I need to cut it down??? I am so sad!! I got this one last fall and I haven't seen a bloom on her yet....I was so hoping to see her full of blooms this year.

(Zone 4a)

I cut the plant down to the ground.....sigh

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

I have never seen clematis wilt. I hope yours will come back stronger. I just got mine (Pink champagne) in the mail today.

(Zone 4a)

Good luck with yours - she really is a beauty isn't she? I was so excited to see her bloom this year...I might have to wait till next year :(

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

If is was wilt..pruning even with the soil and giving a liquid feed is all you can do and she will return...the difference between wilt and a broken stem etc is that they leaves turn Black..it's unmistakeable...sowwy...but she will come back bigger and better...Jeanne
ps...Knock on wood...My Clematis "Pink Champagne" is one of the pruning group twos that I've grown that hasn't ever wilted on me

Delaware, OH

pink champagne (kakio)
blooms so early here it is but a memory now

Thumbnail by ClematisGuru

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.