Poem of Ecstasy???

Tomah, WI

First bloom on this iris.The stalk is 37" tall & the bloom is huge. I am coming to the pros for ID. Could it be Poem of Ecstasy?

Thumbnail by mattsmom
Tomah, WI

Here is another noID. 27" tall, huge bloom. Color is true in PIX.

Thumbnail by mattsmom
West Bend, WI

I believe your first pic COULD be Poem of Ecstacy. If you have some reason to believe it is...such as you know you had POE but misplaced it, etc. Otherwise, if you looked through photos to find something similar to what you've got blooming it's a lot more "iffy" to know. :-)
Beautiful photo by the way...of a gorgeous flower.

The second one will be a whole lot more difficult...any clues?

This message was edited Jun 20, 2008 6:16 AM

South Hamilton, MA

Just a guess on #2--Gypsy romance?

Los Alamos, NM(Zone 5a)

#2 can't be Gypsy Romance which has blue-purple beards. This one clearly has orange beards. I first guessed Diabolique, but it doesn't have orange beards either, so I am currently drawing a blank. If I see something, I will let you know.
I dream of an iris database that allows one to enter a falls color, a standards color, and a beard color and it would give you all the ones like that. Unfortunately, I think there still might be a lot of confusion given the closeness of iris cultivars to each other.

Arbuckle, CA(Zone 9a)

I have iris that look like yours, I'll check my pictures.

BTW, what camera are you using to capture the true color of the second one?

Sandy

Tomah, WI

What I know about cameras wouldn't fill a thimble. Just point & shoot. It is a Kodak Easyshare High Definition Z8121S, that is what it says on the camera. Is that what you needed to know? Some colors just don't show up true though no matter what time of day I try. Orange for example.
Thanks for any ideas on ID's.
Becky

Greensboro, NC(Zone 7a)

Some pictures that I've seen look sort of like that...

Aplomb
http://www.wildirisrows.com/catalog/aplomb.jpg

Swingtown
http://www.estabrooksonline.com/images/highres/iris_swingtown.jpg
This one has quite a few different variations of color in all the photos I googled.

It's really beautiful which ever it is:lol:

Tomah, WI

dmac- Aplomb sure bears a striking resemblance to my noID. Notice the white "veining" around the beards.

Thanks for everyones help & ideas.
Becky

Springfield, IL(Zone 6a)

I LOVE the first one- beautiful!!

(Zone 8b)

I know this one is Poem of Ecstasy and it looks about the same as yours if that helps

Thumbnail by okus
Delhi, IA

OH,my!! What a beauty!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.