Grasshopper Invasion HELP

Piedmont, SC(Zone 7b)

Last year I had a terrible invasion of grasshoppers. Well this year they are back. Any one know how to keep them away?

Gulf Coast, United States(Zone 9a)

Really is no way to keep the little buggers away, the best you can do is knock down their population a bit.

I have wild turkeys who show up every week to clean the yard out of hoppers during the summer, but I also use this recipe for grasshopper bait in-between turkey visits http://davesgarden.com/guides/terms/go/1867/

Piedmont, SC(Zone 7b)

Hey, thanks for your help. Smokey

Bensenville, IL(Zone 5a)

I'm trying Nolo Bait for the same problem. No chemicals. Hopefully it will work! I'm smashing them now while they're little until the bait takes effect. I need to find out if I have to reapply after a rain.

Livingston, MT(Zone 3b)

Have you ever tried Semaspore Bait. I use it in my greenhouse and I have a couple of friends who have used it in their outdoor gardens with very good results. Depending on how large of an area you are talking about, you can buy it in bulk or 1/2 gallon container. Here's a link to where i get it. Fortunately this store is in my area. Hopefully you can find it locally and skip shipping charges.

http://www.planetnatural.com/site/semaspore-grasshopper-bait.html

Bensenville, IL(Zone 5a)

upforachallenge - It looks like Semaspore and Nolo are the same - use the same spore, just looks like different product names. I'm really hoping this works as I've now smashed about 50 of the little guys. Do you know if you have to reapply after a rain? The Nolo uses bran flakes as the bait as it seems after a rain they disappear. We've had alot of rain.

Livingston, MT(Zone 3b)

I'm not sure about the rain. I bet the company has a tech number you could call to find out. Good luck, i hope it works well for you. Until my friends used this stuff, i heard what a vicious cycle it can be. I was able to "nip it in the bud" right away in the greenhouse.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.