Our new fountain - home-made

Indian Harbour Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

We just finished it off this weekend....
I bought the ceramic urn and top globe from Old Time Pottery. The bottom base (holding the pump) is a plastic tub I bought in Lowes. I found this in the pond section. We put some heavy duty wire mesh on top of this base for the lower ceramic urn to sit on, supported by two concrete sprinkler "donuts" to make it sturdy and so the wire mesh wouldn't dip with the weight of the stuff on top of it -- and then "fixed" the ceramic globe on top of that.
The ceramic globe was actually sold as a kerosene lamp. The large hole on top held a metal tube for the kerosene with a wick. When I saw it I just knew it could be used for something else...... Then we put some stones on top of the mesh and filled it with water ! Altogether, I'm guessing we spent approx. $60-70 tops for the whole lot; which includes an extra pump we had lying around -- and for the stones to top it and the pavers to edge it.

Thumbnail by orchid923
This thread has 7 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!