Questions about Troy Bilt Tillers

Mokane, MO

Hello All,
I own a Troy-Bilt tiller made by Garden Way that I purchased in 1986. It is a 6 HP Econo-Horse and does not have the electric start.

I have lost my User Manual. I broke the forward drive belt. Garden Way went bankrupt and I understand that parts for the older tillers are kind of hard to find. So here are my questions:

1. Does anyone know of an on-line parts store that will sell parts for the older tillers?

2. Where in the heck is the serial number? I've found several different numbers on mine but to me they look like part numbers that were stamped on the individual part.

I could just load it up and take it to a mechanic but I am slightly disabled now. Changing the belt looks like a job I can still do and if I take it in it will take them at least two weeks to get around to working on it and I think I can get it done in 30 minutes or less.

I Thank You all in advance,
Carl B.

Thumbnail by thundercloud47
This thread has 3 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!