We're MOVING :)

Paris, TN(Zone 6b)

Well, many of you DGer's know that we have been looking (and looking, and looking, and...well you get the picture) for a farm. Well, yesterday we got the word, we will be movin' to the farm!!!!

DH and I will be caretaking a 25 acre farm in the SW section of Virginia (yes, Darius will be my neighbor...yay!) Remodeled salt-box farmhouse, approximately half wooded, half cleared, orchard, fenced pasture, live spring, on a river with 300 acres of woodland behind us. Multiple barns, a garden spot and a big swing in the front yard.

The property owner travels extensively, and we have full permission to treat the property as we wish - animals (we're inheriting a draft horse and Vietnamese Pot-Bellied pig), greenhouse (materials provided by owner), chickens, goats, building a summer kitchen, root cellar - all permitted.

We leave this Friday to see our new digs in person for the first time. I'm so excited that I am just about levitating, and I'm having a hard time concentrating on work (as you can see since I'm HERE).

I just had to share it with folks that would understand (unlike my family) why we are ecstatic to be moving to a tiny, no Wal-Mart, no Home Depot, place in the middle of the mountains.

I'll be picking all of the old timers brains here for help and guidance, since we're farm and homesteading neophytes to say the least!

Can you hear me whooping and hollering where you are? :D

This thread has 148 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!