My Very First Daylily Seedling EVER!!!!!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

This is a cross from Country Cavalier X Ida's Magic. It is a two year old seedling and the very first one of my crosses to ever bloom. I was hoping for some gold edges, but not on this one. It's certainly not the finest daylily ever, but not the worst, either......It's sibling should bloom any day. The other 37 seedlings
are just sitting there; no signs of scapes whatsoever!

I posted it over in the Daylily Forum also! I will probably keep it for my garden. It doesn't have a name. My youngest Granddaughter thinks we should name it "Lila" for it's garden name. We have yet to decide on that! It won't be registered. It's just for us.

Oh Happy Day!!!!!!

Thumbnail by Texasgal77
(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

Congrats Jeanne!!!! Very pretty : )

Kim

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Kim, Thank YOU!!!! I'm proud of it. Just might go ahead and plant the rest of the seeds I've been storing! I'm excited!

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

Yes do plant them...might be something really special. Wow!!!

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Well done Jeanne, it sure is a beauty - I think Lila is a lovely name!

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Thanks Jen, I hope the seeds you have come out even prettier! You may get a bloom in 9 mos to a year with your warm weather all year long. Can't wait to see those!!!!

Hillsborough , NC(Zone 7a)

Aloha Jeanne, so far only one seed has germinated, but I live in hope! Tomorrow I think I am going to try rubbing a piece of sandpaper on the ungerminated seed to see if that helps. I have read somewhere that I should have put them in the fridge for a time, any thoughts on this?

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

They've already been in the frig for awhile. When we did these seedlings we soaked them in water. The ones I plant next probably will go directly into dirt.
It may take awhile.

Desoto, TX(Zone 8a)

Jen, have you thought about your success with the hydrogen peroxide?

It is pretty, Jeanne. Such a shame that they only bloom for a day. I have had only one bloom so far and many scapes. Hope they don't all bloom at one time.

Christi

Rio Rico, AZ(Zone 8a)

Jeanne, very prettty! You have much to be proud of. Well done!

Yokwe,
Shari

Baytown, TX(Zone 9a)

Thank you Shari, and Christi!

The sibling to this one bloomed today, so I put it in a different thread. It's amazing how two flowers from the same cross can be so different! But it's just like with kids....they don't all always look similar, they are individuals. It's just how the genetic dice fall!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.