Need help with Mosaic edging outside

Chichester, NH(Zone 5b)

I love the color cobalt blue, I'm trying to put it in here and there in my garden....I have a glass ball out there, and a couple of trellis' I painted blue also with jasmine, stephanotis and pink roses planted at the bases that will hopefully climb up them. We recently had our backyard done and we had these yellowish/white edger bricks put in, they look so stark to me and it is so hard keeping them white, I had an idea to mosaic the tops with the mexican tiles and the cobalt blue tiles....what do you think....I bought some plain blue ones for $1 at Floor & Decor the other day to try and see how it would look, mind you it won't all be blue, I want the mexican colorful tiles too...maybe the center and blue around them or something....I've never done any mosaic'ing before so any help on how to get started or what tools I'd need would be so helpful.
I'm not sure what grout I would use or if I use cement and then press the broken tile into the cement? I'd want it to last though, it wont get walked on but I may put a pot or two ontop...and we get quite alot of rain here.

If anyone has tried anything like this, please share, it's just an idea I had going through my head to add more color in the garden.

Here's a test.....this is only blue since that's all I have right now

Thumbnail by astcgirl
This thread has 8 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!