yellow leaves on corn

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

Everybody's corn is green and healthy looking. ours is turning yellow

any other reason besides may be lack of water, we've been watering it this last week and it's not helped any.

I'll see if I can get a pic,

Pembroke Pines, FL(Zone 10a)

Could also be a fertilizer problem. To much or to little? A picture would be a big help..

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

Number 1 reason for yellow is too wet...besides being too cold with lack of sunshine. Another possibity is low nitrogen,

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I thought about low nitrogen, it's been l l/2 weeks since we had rain, first time watering was the last week, we have well water and have to run it really slow or it runs out, so we've been watering the corn rows all 30 of them for the last week LOL

we had cool weather 3 to 4 weeks ago when we planted. I really think it's lack of water and we're justnow catching up with the watering. We did have alot of water but I don't think it affected the corn, it didn't start coming up till all the rains stopped. we planted after all the rains and cool weather.

What do I do to find out abou tthe nitrogen? it use to be a goat pen area, has lots of fertilizer. but we have corn in another patch and it's doing the same thing, it isn't in a goat or cow area. Grass is growing good though.

Sorry I forgot the picture.

Alexandria, IN(Zone 6a)

Do you use any kind of fertilizer at planting? I would reccomend using some kind as corn is a heavy feeder.

I suppose that heavily compacted soil might not be green and lush too.

This message was edited Jun 8, 2008 10:09 PM

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

WE haven't fertilized, but I mentioned that we planted in a goat pen that was full of goat poop and cow poop LOL not sure why we'd need more fertilizer. This corn is twice the size as the corn that's in the other field, and not near as spacy, but just turning yellow. I'll get a picture tomorrow and postit

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.