Moving

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

I wrote this little story about 'Moving' something most of us have done with ourselves and our plants in the past or may do in the future...If you have time to look at it I sure hope you enjoy it.....and again thanks for letting me post my stories here.

http://web.mac.com/sinai/Site/Blog/Entries/2008/6/8_Moving.html

Paul from Alabama

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Driving anything in Atlanta on Friday afternoon would drive me nuts.

Enjoyed the story. Last time I moved was 22 years ago. Unless they foreclose on the house I will never move again.

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

Paul, FYI, I've been "Moving" from Atlanta to Cleveland, GA. for almost twenty years on Friday afternoon. That has required packing food, sundries, three kids, four dogs and two cats in a van that always felt like Cinderella's slipper on a stepsister. One of the three was always whining about leaving the modern age of Atlanta. One complained about having to go back. We have spent up to five hours making the 85 mile trek if there was an accident on GA 400. I remember taking a deep breath and relaxing when we passed Holcomb Bridge Rd. because we were now out in the country and there was no traffic. Then it was the south end of Lake Lanier and then the north end. Now Gainseville radio advertises itself as "North Atlanta".

As bad as it is, I still love being able to go to the Atlanta Botanical Garden, the High Museum, the Carlos, the symphony, opera and watch fourth of July fireworks all the way to Stone Mountain in one direction and Kennesaw in another from the high rise condo of friends in midtown. However, I'll be honest here, I'd rather stick needles in my eyes than drive in downtown Atlanta on Friday afternoon.

Laurel

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

OK Laurel......I agree with everything you said.....especially the Carlos and the symphony....I'm an old rock and roller but Aunt taught me to love the symphony and I surely do......and yes the country gets farther and farther away......

Georgiaredclay.....I hope there are no foreclosures in your life, mine either, if it turns out to be me, move over......:)

Paul from Alabama

Lilburn, GA

Paul,

I just LOVE reading your writings and looking at the photos. Please keep them coming. :o)

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

Spider glad you like them, I appreciate you taking the time to write me....I got another one right here.....one sec.

http://web.mac.com/sinai/Site/Blog/Entries/2008/6/11_Entry_1.html

Just when I thought I couldn't get any goofier, I came up with that......hope you enjoy it....

Paul from Alabama

Lilburn, GA

LOL! Another great one!

You should put all your writings together and make a book. They would make a lovely book on garden writings. :o)

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

Spider....Tickled your tickled......believe me when I was writing that I was laughing too......
I am going to put them all in a book, a book of sorts.....I printing them out on some good paper and putting them in a nice binder with large print for my mom for her 85th birthday.......you know mother's, even if nobody likes your stories, you can bet your mother does......she is easy to please, folks that love you always are......can't wait to surprise her...my wife is putting it all together, she is great at that kinda thing......

Paul from Alabama

Crossville, TN

Paul...I was reading a post in Dave's own forum (Dave's Gaarden)....that's wehre we post when we want Dave's attention....

Well....somone was extolling the virtues of your articles....so I had to come by and check them out...LOVED them...I am hooked...and I agree with others...you should Dmail our Dave and ask to be put on the list of writers (He pays $50.00 per article...you can buy some plants with that kind of moola). Thanks for the giggles. Jo in AZ

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

Jo.....I'm so glad you enjoy the stories and thanks for taking the time to write me.....and its always nice when folks enjoy what you write especially when the stories are written for folks to smile, giggle and laugh at....whoever wrote those nice things about my stories in the that forum I sure appreciate it and glad they enjoy them......again thanks.....

Paul from Alabama

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.