Clematis integrifolia

Waterman, IL(Zone 5a)

I've had this non-vining clematis for many years. I noticed this morning it's starting to flower. We had to move it when the patio was being built. It was not a happy camper last summer, but it looks iike it adjusted to the move this year. I keep a tomato cage around it. In a couple weeks it will flow over the cage like a purple fountain. It's such a cool flower and blooms most of the summer. It holds up well in floral arrangements too.

Thumbnail by pastime
Ellicott City, MD(Zone 7a)

I just love the integrifolias! They are absolutely charming!!

(Zone 4a)

Very pretty!

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

I have integrifolias on both sides of my front yard growing up funky obelisks.
Two were put in this year so not much action ( one actually got sunburn!) The two last year were very nice considering they were just transplanted. They look pretty skimpy but I presume they will improve with age!

Thumbnail by fancyvan
Delaware, OH

they are a good choice for the base of regular clematis too. hides the die off or brownish yellow leaves that can mar the bottom of many clematis in late season. integrefolia rosie is at the base of one of my guernsey cream displays and it starts blooming when guernsey quits. they work well together. they are charming.

Waterman, IL(Zone 5a)

I like your funky obelisks. How did you make them?

Calgary, AB(Zone 3a)

Didnt make them! Bought them! Not quite that talented!

Willis, TX(Zone 8b)

Very pretty..I have two "Hakuree" and "Petite Faucon"..neither seem to be happy this year..I think they need more shade here in my hot Texas zone of 8b....Jeanne

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.