Look what we found!

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

This was with Granny in her stall yesterday morning when we got to the barn! He was up and around but wobbly so he was only an hour or so old. He seems to be doing fine. He is nursing well and passing feces. He seems to be straining a bit so I am going to give him an enema this morning to be on the safe side. Granny is a good mom. We had to take her out of the stall when we handled him because she was a bit aggressive. She lets us look at him but doesn't want us to touch him. It's understandable. He, on the other hand, loves to touch us. He is very curious and will follow us around and let us handle him. I have picked his feet up and iodined his navel stump. He is still having trouble trying to fold up his looong legs to lay down. LOL I don't know what his dad was but it had to have been a big horse. This little guy's legs are already nearly as long as his mom's. No wonder she was so big. But they were both doing fine when we left last night. It was hot yesterday and he was panting so we bought 2 20" fans and have them blowing into the stall. They were both standing or laying in front of them all day. He is naturally gaited!!!

Thumbnail by CajuninKy
This thread has 271 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!