T 2 T Many Holed Coleus Pot

Beaumont, TX(Zone 8b)

I've been admiring the Master Bloom many holed pots that OneWish posted in the Container Gardening Forum. I saw them last year when she posted a thread and thought to myself that the price was a bit more than I wanted to pay.

Last Fall, Connie and I went by a nursery that was going out of business in Buna. Across the street, there was a big dumpster and all kinds of waybigo pots were stacked up out there. I'm forever needing waybigo pots for this and that, so I picked up a half a dozen of them. I've used most of them but still had one left.

Fast forward to this week. Patty Hughes (PHughes) on the coleus forum sent to me about a dozen varieties of coleus cuttings. She gifted me with these to help me with my challenge of not buying any plants this year. I'm bound and determined to appreciate the plants I already have. Last year I had about a 100 varieties of coleus (yeah, I'm obsessive and compulsive when I start collecting something). This year, I started out with 4 that survived my Southeast Texas Winter.

I decided to take my remaining pot and make one of those Many Holed planters for the beautiful cuttings that Patty sent me. You can read more about it here. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/858784/ in the coleus forum.

I've made a slide show showing how I created this Many Holed Coleus Pot. You can watch the whole process here.
http://uniquetreasures.phanfare.com/slideshow.aspx?username=uniquetreasures&album_id=594602§ion_id=860894

I hope you all enjoy the show. I surely had fun creating this planter.

Janet

Thumbnail by UniQueTreasures
This thread has 14 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!