Indonesian General Statue

Leawood, KS(Zone 5b)

This statue is (almost) life-size (5 feet tall - probably life-size for an Indonesian a hundred years ago or so). I bought this granite statue at a local import store. I eyed it for years and every time they reduced the price, I considered buying. Five years ago they were having a sale offering "50% Off" everything in the store so I snapped it up. I had to rent a truck to get it home and hire two men to help me unload it. Six months later I had the pedestal built and added 'The General' to my pond area to watch over my fish, He's not a very good watchman, though. A neighborhood heron clears my pond of fish every time they get about 5" long - I gave up on expensive koi years ago - I buy the 10-cent goldfish and let them grow.

Thumbnail by LeawoodGardener
This thread has 5 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!