Sales on Shrubs

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Does anyone know if places like ForestFarm have summer sales? I need to get a lot of shrubs, and was wondering whether there are any upcoming sales worth waiting for.

Of course, I'll prowl around my neighborhood and take clipping to root as much as possible, but that is another story!

Dublin, CA(Zone 9a)

I have never seen Forest Farm have a sale, and I've been ordering from them for several years now.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Thanks, ecrane.

Brighton, MO(Zone 6a)

This is the most amazing tree and shrub sale I've ever witnessed.

http://www.brownsnursery.com/auction.html

The site hasn't been updated for this year yet, but it is the first weekend of September usually. I bought 3 15-20 foot shade trees (two maples and a sweet gum) a crab apple, a huge sand cherry, and about a half dozen large shrubs and spent less than $400. It's about 5 minutes from my in-laws. I went last year out of curiosity, since we were visiting on the right weekend. I ended up buying this bunch of stuff, renting a U-Haul, and still saving several hundred dollars. The quality of the plants is unmatched. Every one of the trees and shrubs is flourishing this spring.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Wish I lived nearby!

Brighton, MO(Zone 6a)

You're closer than I am! Honestly, if you have a lot of landscaping to do, it would be worth the trip and the rental of a box truck or trailer.

Chevy Chase, MD(Zone 7a)

Ohio? I don't know . . . .

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.