Gardening on budget: seeds & bulbs

Houston, United States(Zone 9b)

How many of you have successfully produced a garden of blooms just by seed and bulb? I picked up SO many bulbs this spring from Sam's Club at $12 a box and almost all of them took. I tried seeds from HD but found the small seed cups I used still stayed to moist so I lost all of the seeds.

I'm a busy mom with rarely a moment in the garden but I want one darn it! I want flowers around again. So I'm busy mentally drawing up how I'd like the spaces in the yard to look. Currently it's a green slate. :)

I'd like to find more caladium bulbs but June is hardly the time for those to be for sale :( if I could find them I'd still buy them and put them in. You can mail order them but I'm always leary of that. I like to "see" and "touch" the product I'm buying.

Any suggestions on how to build the garden from scratch. I could buy the plants but with prices of everything I'd much rather buy as cheaply as possible.

This thread has 19 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!