Let's talk "messenger"

Boca Raton, FL(Zone 10a)

I've now read all I can about this product on line. Now I need to hear real results from you folks out there that have used it.

Alexandria, VA(Zone 7b)

I've used Messenger for the last 1, maybe 2 years, but I can't tell you real results, because I haven't used a control, & I haven't used it regularly, just when I remember it. I also use seaweed & fish emulsion as a foliar feed, alternating w/ the Messenger. I'm sure it can't hurt, but I couldn' t say that it definitely improves things....I'll continue to use it, anyway...

Burlingame, CA(Zone 9a)

A lot of folk in the rose forum have used Messenger. You might get more info from them. I've used it sporadically on my shrubs and roses but never on my vegetables. I'm a bit hesitant to use anything other than good old compost and fish/seaweed emulsion on the vege's.

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

I tried it a couple of years ago. Bell peppers and tomatoes. No significant difference with the control group. May work on something else.

Poughkeepsie, NY(Zone 6a)

It works. It's a harpin protein. I used it on almost everything last year and it works. Tomatoes and peppers were awesome. It is NOT a fertilizer, it makes the plants stronger and better able to ward off troubles. Unlike Superthrive this is the real deal. Try it and see for yourself.

Gainesville, FL(Zone 9a)

I thought superthrive was more like spray and grow. Anyway. I think messenger works as well. I have used it only on flowers tho. This is my first year for veggies. I put the spray and grow in with the messenger. Something might works as well, I dont know. I cant imagine anything working better.

Lodi, CA(Zone 9b)

I don't like it.
I've used it on brugs, not veggies. I had broadmite outbreaks following use every year. Never again.
Good ol natural goodiez are the best bet in my opinion.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I'm using it on my brugmansias this year, Just started a couple months ago, still too soon to tell results yet.

Judsonia, AR(Zone 7b)

I'm using Spray and grow on the veggies though, it's also a new thing this year and not used ona regular basis, just when I remember it. I've had a rough time with the garden this year anyways because of all the rain and cooler weather, causeing brocolli to bolt and spinch to bolt early. cucumbers are 3 inches tall and now full of flowers, tell me that's normal LOL I think it's the weather, but the spray and grow hasn't helped any at all in my opinion not that you wanted to know about spray and grow, but I don'tthink i'd want to use messanger on my veggies.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.