Id on these maybe?

Granbury, TX(Zone 8a)

This is a beautiful layered orangy red. No idea what the names on these 3 might be. My son planted them out for me last year and the blooms were gorgeous this year. I crossed this one with a plain dark red one. Don't know what it is but I gathered the seed today. Couldn't resist crossing as I breed daylilies and they were so similar to cross. Tanarae

Thumbnail by Tanarae
Granbury, TX(Zone 8a)

Another

Thumbnail by Tanarae
Granbury, TX(Zone 8a)

One more

Thumbnail by Tanarae
Mobile, AL

Tanarae,

The first one sure looks like Red Peacock to me.

The second appears to be Minerva, but the third? I always leave the hardest for last and for someone else, but l have to tell you that I am amazed by the recurve of that one!

East Texas, United States(Zone 8a)

ditto what HSteach said. that third one is really something

Palm Coast, FL(Zone 9a)

I agree that the second one is probably Minerva. The first could be Ragtime, if its really an orangish red. Red is such a subjective color and is really in the eye of the beholder. The 3rd one is very unusual, and I can't place it, by looking at my own photos. Where did you son get this? Knowing the source sometimes helps to narrow down the possibilities.

Granbury, TX(Zone 8a)

Well I keep trying to post and for some reason it isn't going through. Thanks ya'll for the info. I will do some more research and see if I can verify any. I may have to get some more cultivars now, dang it another addiction. Anyone need any seeds? Tr

Granbury, TX(Zone 8a)

That third one was recurved like that every bloom. I really liked it. The layered was orangy red and the second had such a beautiful apple green throat. I fell in love with all of them. Tr

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

I would love to know what that third one is. It is amazing!!

I agree that the first one looks like Red Peacock.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.