Need a vine ID

Dewey, AZ(Zone 8a)

I found this one growing in a pot with my honeysuckle. The stems and buds are hairy and the leaves are not. It climbs by twining.

Thumbnail by stephanotis
Dewey, AZ(Zone 8a)

Look closely in the center of the big leaf, and there is a bud. I wasn't able to get a clear photo of the buds, so this was the only one.

Thumbnail by stephanotis
Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

The leaves look like morning glory. Post pictures as the bud matures please.

X

Dewey, AZ(Zone 8a)

I will do that! I tried taking multiple shots of the buds yesterday and they all turned out blurry for some reason. I will try again today.

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

You are probably getting too close to what you want to shoot or your auto focus is set for multi-point and tries to make everything in focus. If that is the case then set your auto focus to center and back up or put a piece of paper behind what you are trying to shoot so your auto focus doesn't get confused.

http://www.xeramtheum.com/ForGourd1.htm

X

Dewey, AZ(Zone 8a)

I need to do the paper thing. The camera is set on close focus, but it is trying to focus on the background plants instead of the buds I am trying to capture. It's a hard area to shoot in because the vine is in the middle of a planting island, and on the backside of the obelisk it is growing on, which is also why I didn't see it until it was a few feet tall. I have to try and step carefully into the thick of the plants without squishing any, and then lean around the obelisk to reach the buds. Flexible I am not!

Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Once your camera has focused on what you want to shoot, you can remove the paper then click the shutter.

X

Dewey, AZ(Zone 8a)

I went to go take a picture, and look what I found!

Thumbnail by stephanotis
Summerville, SC(Zone 8a)

Yeppers .. a morning glory!

Dewey, AZ(Zone 8a)

I found out that, specifically, it is an Ivy Leaf MG. Yea for DG!

LE TAMPON, Reunion (French)

Looks like Ipomoea nil though not a very hairy one
JJ

Central Valley, CA(Zone 9b)

Just planted some red MG's on the front fence, hope they survive the landscapers Tues. morning...
Your's is a beaut, Stephanotis!

Dewey, AZ(Zone 8a)

Thank you! It's gotten pretty big, and I keep twining it back on itself and the honeysuckle it's growing on. In the morning the show is great. I have never grown an MG before, so this is a new experience.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.