The Fly

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

This is a little story I wrote about container gardening, bee balm and a fly......I just write'em, I don't explain'em.....:).....If you have time to look at it I hope you enjoy it and that it makes you smile.....The photo is of my garden when I lived in a ground floor apartment......Thanks folks, I appreciate you letting me post it here....

http://web.mac.com/sinai/Site/Blog/Entries/2008/6/2_Entry_1.html

Paul from Alabama

Thumbnail by PaulFromAL
Cordele, GA

Paul, that reminds me of the time I was trimming grass around a raised bed with a butcher knife. I had to call my husband at work for the insurence group and policy numbers. My hand only needed five stitches, but he was some put out with me. As I remember, he only washed dishes one time while I had those stitches, too.

Beth

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

Beth, I don't know what I did before I got a dishwasher....there's three of us living here now and we don't miss many meals if you know what I mean......I think about my mom washing dishes for all of us years ago, 5 of us....One other thing, you need to retire that butcher knife.....:)

Paul from Alabama

Cordele, GA

I did. I am currently acquiring cutco knives as I can afford them, and at those prices they don't ever go outside, Of course that was some twnety three years ago. I make different mistakes now.

Beth

lagrange, GA(Zone 7a)

Reminds me of the time I got in an ant bed and was scratching my leg and it sprung a spiget right there on the shin bone. Looked like I was going to the big garden in the sky. Soaked up about three big towels and the den carpet full before it let up. I was wondering where all that blood came from.
Great story Paul.

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

cutco knives....shin bone blood gushing....You folks are too violent for me.......:)

Paul from Alabama

Niceville, FL(Zone 8b)

Paul,
I was reading some of your blogs and I was laughing so hard.You slay me! You are very talented.

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

rylaff....Of course I'm happy you enjoyed the stories but I won't be responsible for a slaying.....:)

Paul from Alabama

North of Atlanta, GA(Zone 8a)

Paul that is just hilarious! It reminds me of the time my FIL got a deep cut from trying to climb a tree and using an electric saw. Bleeds everywhere but said he was OK. My MIL was working. My BIL, who lives up in Maryland, called me to tell me that his dad just cut himself and was bleeding. I called my FIL, he said he was OK but I figured it might get infected so I told him that he had to call 911 or go to one of those med place and have them look at it. I threatened to call my MIL if he didn't go, So he went reluctantly, after he cleaned up everything except the bloody rags by the sink. My MIL comes home from work and he is not home, panicked when she saw the bloody rags and called me and I told her that I promised I wouldn't call her if he went to the hospital to check it out. She almost had a heart attack when she saw the bloody rags and my FIL not being around the house!

Piedmont, AL(Zone 7b)

LiliMerci....the moral of the stories?....Put your bloody towels in the dirty clothes hamper......:)
and glad you enjoyed the story.....and I appreciate you taking the time to write, your experience is just like mine.....basically funny after the fact.......:)

Paul from Alabama

Dahlonega, GA

georgiaredclay, be careful of yourself ,i pricked (couldn't find the hole it was so small) my leg on blackberry thorn , couldn't stop bleeding for an hour.five years later,vericose viens show up and believe me,you don't want to cut into one of those. just be careful of yourself sally

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.