What is this?

Upstate, NY(Zone 5a)

Anybody have any ideas on what kind of flower this is? I am thinking that it must be more than 1 plant I have because so far I have had pink, white, red, and purple blooms.

Thumbnail by dpoitras
Saugerties, NY(Zone 5a)

I dont know what it is but I want some, I think its outstanding. I cant wait to find out what it is :>) Where are you? I'm by the Catskills
Christine

Upstate, NY(Zone 5a)

I'm near Saratoga Springs.

Rhinebeck, NY(Zone 5b)

I think this is an anemone. There are several kinds. This does not appear to be the Japanese anemone of fall, but instead this kind:

http://www.midcitynursery.com/Bulbs/anemone.htm

Upstate, NY(Zone 5a)

Sure looks like it. Thank you!!

Saugerties, NY(Zone 5a)

I'm so glad you found out what it is, I'm happy too since I now know what to look for at the local nursery. Your further north than I am, theres a race track up there isnt there???
I've never been there but I have heard its very beautiful up there, I'm lucky to get out of Ulster County LOL

Upstate, NY(Zone 5a)

Yes the ponies do race here in July. I stay as far away from Saratoga in July as I can, it is crazy busy there. Parts of it is beautiful here, but it is that way in any part of this great country of ours! Beauty is everywhere, especially in the gardens of the northeast gardening forum memebers ;)

I do love this anemone. I get surprised every time it blooms. I thought I was only going to get pink and purple blooms and then, SURPRISE this time I got white and red!!

The Monadnock Region, NH(Zone 5a)

It's absolutely amazing!
I thought I recognized the leaf pattern as anemone, but I hadn't seen one plant giving out so many different colors. If you find out the name of it, proper, would you post it here?

Upstate, NY(Zone 5a)

I am thinking that it is more than 1 plant?? I have no idea where it came from. I love it though!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

Oooh, I have always wanted some of those - they look so pretty on the package. I've seen people talking about the fall anemone too, and while that is also a lovely plant, it is really too tall for what I had in mind, or for what I thought I wanted. Very, very pretty, thank you for posting this!

I agree. Just looking at this photo makes me want some. I'll have to BOLO them.

Upstate, NY(Zone 5a)

What is BOLO?

Be On the Look Out

Willoughby, OH

I believe its Anemone coronaria.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.