Weight Loss Challenge May 31 - June 7th(?)

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

Internet was down early this morning. Had to be at work by 8. Land line phones had no dial tone & cell phone battery is not holding a charge. Net10 is sending me a new battery FREE. It should get here this coming week. I don't know what was the matter with the house phones. It had my closest friend Barbara really upset. Kyle and Holly didn't answer or return her call. She had left a message on their answering machine asking if I was ok. She does tend to panic at times if she can't reach me.But she knows about the allergic attacks I have been having and was concerned I might have had one in my sleep and couldn't wake up to use my epipen or call for help. She finally called work and Ron told her I was there and ok. Still no phones when I got home this afternoon but when I came in to get a drink about 6 she called and it came thru. I have no idea what was wrong and suddenly started working. I need to be sure to call her in the morning before I leave for work. If the phones are working. If not I'll ask if I can please call her from work to let her know I'm ok.

My eating has been fairly clean. Still too much bread. I'm on a sandwich kick lately. The scale is showing it too. Last night and a couple other times I have made breadless sandiches with just leaf lettuce and whatever meat I wanted to use. Too busy and tired to cook properly. I did steam some winter squash the other day and made some venison and rice yesterday. Mostly the v & r was for old Tashsa cat who won't eat it. She is getting very picky. I'll smear some high calorie stuff on her foot again tonight. It also seems she has gotten into the habit of wanting to eat what I am eating. So I have been breaking up tiny bites for her off my plate and just letting her eat off the floor beside my chair. She is about 16 and that is old for a cat. She is a sweetie pie so spoiling her in her old age isn't hard to do .

Joann, little B is so cute. Most babies love those Johnny Jumps. Enjoy these baby moments. They pass so quickly.

Anna, those are fabulouse pictures. What bodies for your ages!! Not that much younger than me and I surely cannot do all that exercising. 400 reps of anything but breathing would kill me. lol.

Kyle just came up and put a screen in a utility window for me so that end of the house can cool off a bit. He said to keep him reminded and he will do the ones in the kitchen and put the AC unit in the window over one sink.

I believe the LORD has told me HE has a lesson for me to learn & that I am to have the surgery on my left shoulder. I fought with HIM all day Friday and that night. This morning I decided to give in to HIM. I will contact the doctor on Tuesday when I go in for PT and have her schedule it. I've talked to people who have had this surgery. It isn't the surgery that is so painful, it's the PT afterward. She warned me it is a long hard recovery. But at least I'll have an arm that works properly. I don't expect it to be done for over a month so I'll do what I need to do to prepare for what lies ahead. My friend Barbara can take me to and from PT. She does that thru a government program. I'm not sure of the name of it. Only pays her for gas mileage. Problem is that we will have to use my van for the trip from my house to PT and back. Something about her not having proper tags on her vehicle. I'll have to save up gas money for that. Or put everything on my credit card which I do not like to do. Has more on it now than I like.

~~~~~ to all and praying for all of you. May GOD bless and keep each of you.

This thread has 23 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!