bloom on newly planted endless summer

Alexandria, IN(Zone 5a)

I just wanted to show off my baby. It was given to me on May 3rd and planted later that week. I can't believe it has a bloom already. I am glad that it seems to like its new home! Anyone else have new plants with blooms?

Thumbnail by cabrlamo
Bensenville, IL(Zone 5a)

How nice to have a bloom already. I don't have a new plant but am anxiously awaiting my blooms for this year too. Enjoy!

Hurst, TX(Zone 7b)

Blooming time starts early in the South. I estimate the I have had flowers for the 2-3 weeks. It is now getting hot so I have to make sure the shrubs are well mulched and watered though. 90-95 in the heat of the day.

Alexandria, IN(Zone 5a)

Medinac, I hope yours bloom soon. And hopefully it will have more than my one bloom.

Luis_pr, I am jealous that people in zones like yours get to see things so much earlier. But then again my sister-in-law lives in Katy, TX and she had the air conditioning on when she went to buy a Christmas tree.

Cedar Hill, TX

We folks in the South may get blooms earlier, but we also get crispy critters while you still have beautiful blooms.

This picture is taken of ES that were tranplanted this year from some container plants I had last year. They looked really iffy a month or so ago.

Thumbnail by ohsusanna
Hurst, TX(Zone 7b)

And you guys further north can grow lilacs which we in the South have a harder time with... since they need some chilling weather to perform well!

Bensenville, IL(Zone 5a)

Yes, the Lilacs are really pretty and smell so great (wish they lasted a bit longer in bloom) and one of the first signals that spring has arrived! Robins chirping, early sunrises, trees leafing out and Lilacs. Life is Good! The Hydrangeas will follow soon!

Alexandria, IN(Zone 5a)

The house where I grew up had a hedge of lilacs along the alley. I can smell a lilac from 200 ft away.... It makes me miss my hometown whenever I smell one. That is it, I need to take a cutting from my mom!

Hurst, TX(Zone 7b)

There are reblooming varieties of lilac. Were you aware of that?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.