Got my exercise today!

Grand Haven, MI(Zone 5a)

Well, I've exercised enough for today! LOL! DD has a lawn care company, and she came home yesterday with a pile of hollow bricks that had been a wall at one time. She was trying to think how to "recycle" them, but everything we thought of didn't work. While she was gone this evening I had a wonderful idea, and spent 2 hours hauling brick and flagstones back and forth. All were heavy, but one flagstone was so large and heavy I had to roll it end over end all across the yard to my herb garden. It is now piled artistically on top of some of the red bricks, and makes a very unique bench....one that will not be moved again except over my dead body! LOL! The rest of the bricks I turned into "sinks" (Hollow stone that was historically used to plant invasive herbs in) that dot the sloped edge of my herb garden where it has been hard to keep plants. The water just runs off. Now it is slightly terraced and the nasturtiums I planted in them will be stunning! I hope. LOL! I came in a few minutes ago and took Aleve, just in case - though I don't hurt at all right now.

I was feeling discouraged today, but my herb garden ALWAYS calms me, soothes me, and lifts my spirits. Added to that mood elevator was that I have found the old me (who would climb on the roof, lift heavy furniture, cut down small trees...)

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

pj Now go take a hot long bath !!! sounds like its going to be lovely
Gloria

Gladwin, MI(Zone 5a)

You should sell this "work" to people who go to the gym. ha.

It sounds wonderful!!!!

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

I'd like to see a picture of your new bench. I know that was a lot of work. I hope you take some time off to recooperate. :)

Grand Haven, MI(Zone 5a)

I'm fine, no aches and pains at all. Had I not been doing so much aerobics and weight training for my health, I wouldn't have fared so well. I will take pics when things ettle in and look like they live there. The open spaces in the bricks under the bench look....gaping and empty. I might stuff them with live moss in dirt, or even plant vertically in them. I'm giving it some thought....wonder how Sweet Woodruff would work?

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

You sound like a very energizing lady good for you... Im with Loon post some pictures when you get the chance.. Sounds wonderful!! I have reused many bricks and slate pieces myself... On a little path thru my sideyard! Love it, it looks so comforting! It makes you feel good to reuse something doesnt it? Ronna

Grand Haven, MI(Zone 5a)

Absolutely, Ronna! I decided water will not get to the bricks under the bench so I'll try stuffing the openings with moss and maybe sphagnum moss.

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

sounds like a great idea!! Have fun. Ronna

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Where are the photos??? Want to see the bench!! Ronna

Grand Haven, MI(Zone 5a)

Yet to come...it doesn't look good yet! LOL!

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

pjadams,

Every time I see your user name I want to call you pajamas. :) Don't ask me why.

Can't wait to see the pics.

Brenda

Bay City, MI(Zone 6a)

i think the same thing every time i see your screen name

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

pjamads.... Im sure its looking great... just give us a peak!!!

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Great minds think alike :)

Brenda

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

and I thought I was the only one
Thank you Girls
Gloria

Grand Haven, MI(Zone 5a)

A lot of people say that, Brenda. It's not as bad as my first user name a few years ago. I chose titus2pj. I couldn't understand why whenever I typed in my user name, it wouldn't work. Then I realised I had, for months, been typing tits2pj! LOLOL! So, I became pjadams after that!
I took pics today and I'll upload them to my blog when things settle down a bit tonight or tomorrow. I did that last planting I'm going to do today, and weeded, though that won't be the last weeding job I'm afraid. Our water pressure is way down and my sprinklers don't work well, but most things are well established, so they'll be ok.

Grand Haven, MI(Zone 5a)

TA DA!
Here it is! Along with my latest garden blog. http://agardenvariety.blogspot.com/

Thumbnail by pjadams49417
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Very nice pj... Looks like a great place to relax!!! Good job. :) Don't you just love sitting out in the garden?? I do. Thanks for the photo. Loved it! Ronna

Sanford, MI(Zone 5a)

oh I love it !!!!!!
Gloria

AuGres, MI(Zone 5b)

Good job pj. Love the photo. I bet that succor was heavy to lift up on top of those bricks. Good use of recycled bricks.

Brenda

Grand Haven, MI(Zone 5a)

It was work, but worth it!

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Are you proud of yourself? You should be.

Grand Haven, MI(Zone 5a)

Yeah I am. Don't tell anyone though. I try so hard to be humble. LOL!

You all figured out if you click on the bench you get my blog with all the garden pics, right?

This message was edited Jun 30, 2008 10:18 PM

This message was edited Jun 30, 2008 10:18 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.