Can anyone recommend Nurseries in Mass.?

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Hi,
Does anyone know where to find good Nurseries withhin 1 hrs.drive from Milton ?

We hardly see each other since we live in Maine ,but when we get together my daughter and I love to go Nursery hopping it would be so nice to hear about some you 'hardcore' :-) gardeners from Massachussett's know about.

She goes to one called 'Thayer Nursery' I believe but for me that is too expensive.
Thank you in advance :-)
Brigitte

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Let me bump this up for you. I think it got lost in all the different posts...

Metrowest, MA(Zone 6a)

I personally love Rivers Edge. They have ladies roaming around offering advice to you on the many plants they have. They have a great selection of beautiful and healthy plants. It has been recommended below by several members in our forum.

http://davesgarden.com/products/go/view/2697/

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

flowerjen,
THANK YOU,you're very considerate in doing this :-)
I thought maybe that nobody wanted to share good nurseries,afraid I would come down with a truck and buy it all...LOL

mellymass,
I will try to see if Angela and I can go when we come to the round up (if there is time ) thanks we will check it out.

central, NJ(Zone 6b)

Yep, they probably wanted to keep all the good ones for themselves, lol.
No, I knew that because of all the HUGE threads we usually have it just got lost between them. The DG'rs on this forum would never not help out. Greatest bunch of gardeners!!!

Milton, MA(Zone 6a)

I sure hope you can come to the RU, Brigitte! I'd hate to miss you again! Thayer Nursery is very very nice, also Winston in Chestnut Hill is great; I'm not sure of the address but it's the corner of Rt 9 and Hammond Pond Parkway. But again, they're too expensive for me, I just go to look.

South Hamilton, MA

Blanchette is further north, so you may not wish to drive to it--interesting plant selection.

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Thanks ladies,I will pass on the information.
We did hear of one called 'Blooming place' in Weymouth I think,also another one somewhere else not to far from that town.Any one been there ?

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.