Spring has FINALLY arrived at our house

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Hi there,
Several flowers are blooming in my garden and I thought I would share some with you all :-)

The first one is a purple Tree peony ' Paeonia suffruticosa .It will be tall and has had it's maidenbloom,a beautiful double purple.

A mother's day gift from our daughter.

Thumbnail by Eglantyne
Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Close - up of the same,it got darker as it aged.

Thumbnail by Eglantyne
Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Same type of peonie but in pink,also a gift from our daughter.

Thumbnail by Eglantyne
Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

White single,notice the fuchsia color in the middle.

Last year I bought 2 Tree peonies from the yahoo Co-op group.One didn't bloom but grew quite a bit ( it was damaged in shipment ) the other had 4 blooms on it.

Thumbnail by Eglantyne
Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

We moved 1 1/2 years ago to this property.Tree's were here but very few flowers.
Here is a lilac which was here :-)

Thumbnail by Eglantyne
Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

My gardens are new,startet last year together with Kassia and Jan.

All three of us startet rosegardens but as you can see I intermingle with perennials ie.irises,daylilies,lilies,peonies etc.

Thumbnail by Eglantyne
Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

A little greeting to all of you.

Thumbnail by Eglantyne
Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Appleblossoms ..took the picture from top of the roof.

Thumbnail by Eglantyne
Lower Hudson Valley, NY(Zone 6b)

Very nice, Brigitte. Love the tree peonies. I have not had success with them. Good luck with the garden. Great start so far!

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Thanks Victor,
I have so many pictures to show and I am in my picture programm right now but can't figure out how to put before+after pics side by side ?

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

Hi, Brig. It's nice to see the early spring update. Can't wait until the roses start. I think I will have my first rose bloom tomorrow. Just love the pink peony.

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Jan,it is wonderful to see something bloom,isn't it ?

Remember last year when you,Kassia and I all basically startet from scratch ?
which ones of your roses is going to open ? I have hundreds of buds but nothing close to opening of the ones I planted last year.

But I did have some nice blooms already from the roses from Dan's Co-op.

I asked this in another post.Are you planning to come to Kassia's RU ? if so I'll bring your fabric.

Wheatfield, NY(Zone 6a)

It's 'Agnes', a once-blooming, yellow rugosa. here's the bud from yesterday. it's almost open today. I have a couple of minis blooming that I just bought this spring. I posted them on the 'what's blooming' thread.

Not coming to the RU, although I really wish I could. So many people I want to meet, you included :0)

Thumbnail by grampapa
Denville, NJ(Zone 6b)

great shots.... happy spring!

South China, ME(Zone 5a)

Nice peonies Brigitte, I love the different colors and I bet they compliment each other nicely!

NORTH CENTRAL, PA(Zone 5a)

Thanks for the great pix. Ours are just begining to open.

Gardiner, ME(Zone 5a)

Jan,
did you get 'Agnes' from Suzie Verrier last year together with 'Polareis' ? I believe I saw it on her list.Didn't go back this year.
How is your Polareis doing ? mine suffered from fallen ice,broke off several branches but it is alive.

onewish,
Thank you and HAPPY :-) spring to you too.

pixie,
Thanks.You're right the colors do compliment each other.In that side of the garden I do all shades of pinks,white,lavender,some purple.

docgipe,
You're welcome.The Tree peonies seem to be early because all my other peonies still have buds.
I really don't know withhout checking which ones are early,midseason or late.

I'll post some picks again later.

Framingham, MA(Zone 6a)

Hi Brigitte!
The tree peonies do tend to bloom earlier than the herbaceous ones. My Mom's are blooming in Wells, ME, but mine here in Framingham MA are already done. Here is a pic of one of my Mom's -

Thumbnail by tamberlin

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.